VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There ya go, unclescoob, giving it up to soon. Those links to monitor tech are clearly written and extremely popular. I never met a photog or cameraman who hasn't learned from them.

Anyway, you asked. Don't say we didn't reply.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 22nd Mar 2014 at 05:53.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    You can sharpen chroma and/or luma separately. Here's one way of doing it with LSFMod as a sharpener:
    MergeChroma(last,LSFMod())
    Just FYI, I used MergeChroma(last,awarpsharp2(depth=16)).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Think I'll give awarpsharp2 a try.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I see there's a new version 03/2012. Think I'll give it a try.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by unclescoob View Post
    But at the cost of unecessary aggravation. Working with video is aggravating (but rewarding) enough without the added fanboy crap. "Elevated red crashes" and "blue too close to the bottom" Sanlyn??? Really???? I just wanted to tweak and clean my vid a bit, I didn't need a damn catscan performed on it!
    I must have overlooked the fact that you don't know poop about reading histograms. What the fanboy crap means is that you're feeding garbage luma and chroma values to your encoder, which is laughing in your face and chucking all your precious detail in those regions down the toilet. It will look like crap on your tv.

Meanwhile . . .
    Sample1 is really unstable. I couldn't find a way to keep the window frame and curtains from changing shape, but at least it's not hopping all over the screen. Attached.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 22nd Mar 2014 at 05:53. Reason: oops. Uploaded the wrong m2v version.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Saw your sample. Looks weird, colorwise. Completely different from the original. And the details are blurred to hell. That's why I don't mess with colors, other than reduce saturation (and ONLY when needed, which I did with this video). Have a great day.

In any event, I'm completely done with this website and the vagueness in it's member's explanations.
    Last edited by unclescoob; 17th May 2012 at 20:31.
    Quote Quote