VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD-R of a sports game that was recorded with a set-top DVD recorder. I was able to drag and drop the files to my computer, but the 3rd of 4 VOBs was a bit slow. Each VOB had a lot of timecode breaks from the set-top recorder so I removed those in MPEGStreamclip and "saved as" after that was finished. The 3rd VOB also had 2 data breaks. But MPEGStreamclip had no problem saving the file.

When I imported all 4 VOB files into Toast to create a disk image for testing purposes, the 3rd MPG, which is 23 minutes long, was shrunk to 13 minutes.

I have tried to re-author the MPG by demuxing and then remuxing it, hoping that this process would kick out whatever bug seems to be causing the problem. The demux with MPEG2 Works produces an M2V file and an AC3 file. When I go to mux, I get an error message. I then tried to remux with FFMPEG and it gives me a very quick Failed message. The information icon says something about trying to mux an AC3 file being the problem. If I demux with FFMPEG, the M2v produces quickly but the AC3 takes a long time and when it finishes I have one AC3 of proper length and one that is named with a # at the end (but before .ac3) and this file is shorter. When I try to mux the proper length AC3 with the M2V in FFMPEG, I get the same error message.

The VOB is 23 minutes, the MPG is 23 minutes but I can't seem to reauthor this DVD so I have a smooth DVD that won't cause me problems down the road. Does anyone have any advice for getting this MPG to properly multiplex so I can create a new VIDEO_TS? Thanks in advance.

Here is a screenshot:
    Quote Quote  
  2. I never drag and drop the VOB files from a disc. I always use YADE to extract the files and then work from there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried by extracting with Toast as well. But Toast gets hung up at VOB3.

I haven't been able to get Yade to work for me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I used to have a dvd recorder and i remember you have to finalize the dvd in your recorder before you can edit the files.
    Quote Quote