VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, so i have this BD3D Movie, which i want to convert to 3D Full-SBS so i can play it on me standalone media player (WDTV live gen. 3). I took a look at the structure, and it seems it has some .m2ts inside the stream folder as usual plus an additional folder called SSIF which must be the images for the right eye. So it is like it has the movie in 2 different locations for each eye.

In order to create a Full-SBS mkv file i would suppose some program has for each frame of the movie to create an image where frame_a and frame_b are adjoined and displayed in one image?

Am i right up to this point? I am mostly guessing as i cant find something definitive from my searches.

So is there a software that can read both files and make the fullsbs without rencoding?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ANYTIME you do a conversion, and ANYTIME you adjust the dimensions (not counting AR flag adjustement), you MUST re-encode. So you WILL be re-encoding.

To clarify what you will be doing:
    1. Use a ripping software WHICH SUPPORTS 3D (this includes 3DBDBuster and DVDFab's "Blu-ray 3D Ripper")
    2. It will find the 3D files (both left & right) in the SSIF folder and decode the MVC-encoded video. BTW, in 3DBD discs, the M2TS files in the stream folder are the LEFT files but they aren't really there. They are just "hard link" pointers to the real files which are in the SSIF folder (where you usually see the RIGHT listed, followed by the LEFT). Is compatible with 2D BDs, but saves 50% of the space.
    3. Tell it to use "Half-SbS" (aka Anamorphically squeezed Sbs), not "Full-SbS". Half-Sbs takes to images of each being 1920x1080 and gives you a single image of 1920x1080 composed of 2 halves each of 960x1080. This is one of the 3 NORMAL layouts for many 3DTV systems. Full-Sbs would give you a single image of 3840x1080 which is likely crash EVERY media player & TV (only works in software like Stereoscopic Player sent to PC monitor using HEFTY, TOP-OF-THE-LINE PC). And YES, you will have somewhat lowered resolution compared to a 3DBD. That's the compromise you're making for not using the original.
    4. Double-check to make sure that your media player can make use of both the video codec chosen (e.g. h.264, DivX, MPEG2) and container chosen (e.g. AVI, MKV, MP4, M2TS).
    Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 10th May 2012 at 12:33.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Dammit, that sounds like a lot of work and processing time. I was just looking for a quick way to play the disc into my media player, since i do not own a blu-ray player. The disc was just a bonus with getting the 3d glasses... Was just hoping this could somehow get managed by repackaging both images in a format that doesnt need ripping and rencoding.

Thanx a lot thought, for your quick step guiding process. Maybe i'll try it if i wont find an easier way to play the disc without a BD-player...

So far i have managed to make an .iso out of it, and looking for a way to take advantage of that. But my media player cant handle 3d .iso. I'm told you need a realtek 1186 chip for such purposes...
    Quote Quote