VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am a total newbie to video. I would very much appreciate advice on which format/program/tools to use.

What I want to do is build a collection of high quality music videos as single standalone files.

I have a bunch of various source material: DVDs/BD/ISO/VIDEO_TS.
    What I want to do is "chop up and copy my source material" into single standalone files without ANY loss of quality.
    If possible I would prefer to retain any original multiple audio channels within the same file (Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround etc)

I have been playing arround with Womble MPEG Video Wizard. I have been able to get it to work quite good for Stereo.
    I have not been able to get 5.1 and have not been able to get multiple audio channels within the same file.
    The program very nicely reports if video/audio is re-encoded. Since I know far too little about re-encoding I am trying to avoid this; assuming that it will result in loss of quality.

What would the recommended output format be for retaining quality and the best flexibility with respect to audio?
    Which program / tools can do this; and support "chopping" the source material into single files?

...I actually believed that .VOB files would be the best option...until I read a few articles on this forum...understanding that I was so totally wrong....

Thanks for your time
    bsat
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could use dvd shrink in the reauthoring mode to cut out dvd clips. No quality loss at all. You will get a vob file. It should work fine in most video players. See first step in http://forum.videohelp.com/topic358361.html

But for BD wont you find anything that simple to cut out clips. You could rip with dvdfab decrypter and then maybe cut with tssniper.
    Quote Quote