VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    G'day

Is it possible to finalize an audio CD that's been written and left unfinalized/open? WMP can play it VLC can't nor stand alone player. Can I save the coster?

Thanks

John
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't think so, try ripping it with WMP and burn a new one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can WinAmp play it? If so you can use the 'Send To' 'Format Converter' option and save it as a WAV (or whatever format you want).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If it's not finalized, players can't play it. But you can read and rip an unfinalized disc with ISOBuster. Then reburn, as mentioned above.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the replies. Re burning is not a problem. I have all the files in wav and mp3 format. I just wanted to know if the unfinished disk could be saved.

Now I know.

Thanks

John
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I dont know about newer versions, but older Roxio WinOnCD could finalize CDs without prior burning.
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you have Nero, people in the past have claimed that it can be used to finalize CDs like yours, but I can't offer you a 100% guaranty that it will work. If you don't have it I sure wouldn't buy a copy just to try this. I've also seen the claim that ImgBurn (free) can be used for this purpose too. It's free so it will cost you nothing to try.
    Quote Quote  
  8. ImgBurn can send the 3 commands that are used to close tracks/sessions/discs, but they won't work when you've purposely made a multi session disc.

You can't just close an empty 2nd (3rd etc) session, you have to write something to it first - that's where Nero would come in (or any other tool supporting multiple sessions).
    Quote Quote