VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know what would cause this info box to popup everytime I launch Media Player Cinema Home Theater. this has been happening for for the last couple of months since I made changes in and settings in CodecTweakTool, installed LAV Splitter, autofrequency. In the past I had also installed reclock and MadVR. I had used a guide here to set thing up: http://www.homecinema-hd.com/intro_en.html Something I did is causing this info window to popup that has to be closed before a movie will play. Please see the attached photo.

Thanks
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MPC Info Dialog.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	12370  

Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe you should check some of the settings of your codecs / filters. This could be a box displayed by some of them intstead of coming from MPC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sure it is but I don't know how to determine which one. Like I said, I installed LAV filters and autofrequency. I already had ffdshow, reclock and MadVR. I changed setting from a setup guide at http://www.homecinema-hd.com/intro_en.html I'm not sure if uninstalling them all and reinstalling them will delete and setting in the registry, or not. It must be by design. One must ok the dialog for the movie to continue. It looks like frame rate info to me, the first two numbers anyway. The frame rate in media info does show up at 25fps.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Try running "Process Explorer" OR *cmdow.exe* when that annoying pop-up appears.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's probably one of the "extras" you have running or a combination. I'd take a guess at autofrequency but it could be anything.

I had a quick look at the guide you linked to and I'm not sure about some of the settings it advises. For instance I've never had to set reclock as the audio rendered for reclock to work with MPC-HC. I've never had to add ffdshow as an external filter to use it for decoding, just disable the appropriate internal filter. Anyway....

You might have to reset MPC-HC and start again with it's settings to see when the problem starts occurring again, if it does. MPC-HC has an option under "miscellaneous" to export your current settings. Once you've done that you can use the reset button and see what happens.

You can also tell MPC-HC to save your settings to an ini file, then move the ini file to a safe place and reset MPC-HC. You should be able to go back to the old settings by restoring the ini file, which is kept in the same folder as mpc-hc.exe (XP at least). I've got MPC-HC installed in a few different locations and I tell each one to save it's settings to an ini file. Mainly because I use different settings for each, but I think if you copy your whole MPC-HC folder to a new location after telling it to save it's settings to an ini file, then open the copy of the ini file using notepad and delete everything in it except the very first line "[Settings]", the second (copy of) MPC-HC will reset to default while the original version will run unchanged from it's original folder.
    Quote Quote