VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got a WMV9 video + MP3 audio in an AVI container. How do I demux it and recontain it in .wmv?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    FFmpeg will do the job.
    Like this:-
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i filename.avi -c copy filename.wmv
    Last edited by bat999; 8th May 2012 at 10:49.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Winff can do it.

Also try windows media encoder.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    BTW, as per Microsoft's "requirements", only files that include ONLY WMV video & WMA audio streams can be rightly called ".WMV". Otherwise, they should use the ".ASF" extension. This would include a file that had MP3 audio. I don't care, but I thought you ought to know in case a player has trouble with it...

@yoda313,
    WME would force the audio to be WMA audio, not retaining the MP3. You could try WM Stream Editor, which comes as a free utility along with WME, though I don't know if it accepts non-WM streams either.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. I am trying out WME at the moment. Which session am I suppose to use? When I use convert session, I can not get it to copy/use original source for video. I only want to convert the audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's because WME is an encoder. That's all it does. Anything you put in it is going to get changed.
    Which is why I said use the WM streams editor.

If you really want audio changed to WMA, use WME. Then use the streams editor to take the WMA audio, along with the ORIGINAL WMV video, to get you combined new WM file.

Scott
    Quote Quote