VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Panasonic DMP-BD35, and while attempting to watch The Godfather Part II on Blu-Ray, the disc froze completely at about 1:40 in. The player completely refused to work, and I had to turn it off with the button on the unit, which took several minutes for it to power down.

After turning it back on, and attempting to play the disc, it simply displayed 'Copyright Violation' on the screen. Ejecting and reinserting failed to solve the problem, but after ejecting, inserting The Godfather, ejecting that, and then reinserting Part II, it worked fine...until about 1:40 in, at which point it froze again (the exact same spot it froze the first time). It then returned to giving me the 'Copyright Violation' message.

A quick Google search indicated that this is usually caused by a dirty disc. It didn't appear dirty, but I ran it through a disc cleaner anyway. No dice.

Anything else I can try?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I had a DMP-BD35 and never encountered this problem. Sounds like the disc has a scratch or defect, can you exchange the disc?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is the disc the original or a backup?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you keeping your player's firmware up-to-date? Not that I'm recommending it, but I have heard about instances where movies refuse to play with similar errors simply because the BD doesn't like the firmware the player's using (even though you'd think it would specifically say it doesn't like the firmware version - or automatically update the firmware, as some discs/companies apparently want to do).
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming you didn't do something you should have mentioned like you bought the disc outside of Australia and it's actually coded for a different region, I'd say it's a firmware bug.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Updated firmware, no dice. Looks like it is an issue with the disc, though: I tried to play it in my computer, and it froze at the exact same point.

While I've owned it for two or three years, I've only watched it the once and it's spent the rest of the time in its packaging. There are no scratches or other marks visible. That I've watched it all the way through successfully indicates that it's not a manufacturing problem...
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Just as a side note,

"error messages quite often DO NOT mean what they say".

Copyright violation, huh?

Sadly most programmers still don't want to test their own "masterpieces"
    Quote Quote