VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, lookin' for a lil' help here... an, you'll prolly say I'm lazy for not lookin' for the answer myself... an... I am... lol...
    Anyways... here's what I'm tryin' ta do...
    I have 6 .mkv files...
    It's that special about the Apollo program called "When We Left Earth"...
    Each .mkv is about 3 GB each...
    I wanna convert them all into 1 file, 512k bitrate, 96k audio, 480x320, .mp4, to put it on my cellphone.
    I have lotsa tools, tmpgenc, adobe premiere pro, ojo total video converter, virtualdub, handbrake, ect, ect.
    I'm jus' not that good at using them all or knowing what they can do....
    Is there any ONE program that could do all the work? or am I lookin' at jus' converting each one by itself an then figuring out how ta join them?
    Any thoughts, tips, comments...???
    Thanks n' kisses,
    Lezlee
    Last edited by Lezleefeetsgoddess; 6th May 2012 at 18:28.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I would first join them (using mkvmerge) and then encode them with the program that most matches your preferences.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, well the thought of joinin' them first, gave me shivers, workin' with one 18 GB file? Sooo, I'm convertin' em' now ta .avi files, about 500 meg each, then I'm gonna join em' in virtualdub, whcih will also let me boost the audio (about 20db!!! Geez)... For some reason, I jus' always seem ta get low audio from .mkv files... any clues as ta why??? An then after I have one file around 3 gb, I'll convert it ta mp4 using handbrake... That should work for now... I might have to re-convert the mp4 again with total video converter as Quicktime doesn't seem ta like handbrake made files... somethin' about the audio track bein' the wrong type or somethin'... owww... my lil' blonde head hurts from tryin' ta be smart...lol...
    Thanks for the advice anyways...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well, this isn't turnin' out ta be as easy as I thought...
    I had already converted the 6 .mkv files to 6 .avi files around 500 meg each.
    I used virtualdub yesterday, to combine all the files and boost the audio ta a usable level.
    When it finished, I had around an 8 gig file with good audio, that was horribly out of sync with the video.
    Any clues as to what went wrong? Could it be because I used 'Direct stream copy' for the video, and 'Full Processing Mode' for the audio?
    I'm goin' ta try full processing mode for both an see what that does, but I don't know what compression to use for the video or how to set it, an I'm afraid the file is gonna be HUGE...

Kisses,

Lezlee
    Quote Quote  
  5. Any clues as to what went wrong?
    Wild guess: You input is vfr and Virtual Dub can't handle vfr,.... (or if you fed the avis to Virtual Dub, the avis are probably asynch to begin with since the application you used to convert the mkvs to avi couldn't properly handle vfr)
    Last edited by Selur; 11th May 2012 at 05:59.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Lezlee,

You might like to try using Freemake Video Converter. Select the video tab, drag-n-drop your .mkv's one at a time in order onto the file list, turn the 'join files' switch on, select your transition effect, select mp4 output, configure a custom profile to your preferred settings & hit the 'convert' button.

It'll join them as it transcodes & the audio should be in sync.... at least it was on the trial I just did here

Hope this helps
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok thanks, I'm downloadin' that now. An I'm usin' mkvmerge to merge them too.
    What about the audio bein' sooo low? Is it because it's aac or ac3? audio I think? Anyway ta easily fix that? I don't need surround sound on my phone...lol...

My goal here is to have one file in .avi format, with good, in sync audio ta watch on my computer. Maybe around 1 ta 2 gb quality would be fine.

I should be able to convert that, to something much smaller in mp4 format for my phone.
    That part I'm ok with. Total Video Converter works good for that.

Thanks for the help.

Lezlee
    Last edited by Lezleefeetsgoddess; 11th May 2012 at 06:24.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I cannot take you seriously when you say "prolly" and deliberately replace the final g at the end of a word with an apostrophe. Ta instead of to? Good grief. Frankly, it's pretty obvious that you know better and you do know how to write properly and I find it condescending that you feel it necessary to resort to pretending to be a hick from Hee Haw to get help here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. It must be those lil' skimpy Daisy Duke short shorts...
    They make me talk funny...
    It's ok though, bein' Blonde... I'm like toe-tally used ta guys not takin' me too seriously...
    Too bizi starin'...
    Last edited by Lezleefeetsgoddess; 11th May 2012 at 07:16.
    Quote Quote  
  10. AC3 audio has "normal" audio encoded at -20 dB so there's room for big explosions and such.
    Quote Quote  
  11. So what would be a good way to convert it to 'normal' audio at 0db? All I need is stereo audio, would that be mp3?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would try ripbot or MEgui.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have lotsa tools, tmpgenc, adobe premiere pro, ojo total video converter, virtualdub, handbrake, ect, ect.
    I'm jus' not that good at using them all or knowing what they can do....

Take time to learn what they can do and how to use them...Then again...Why do you have all of them if you're not going to use them or learn how to use them?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Well, That'd be great if I didn' haf ta work an drive so far ta get there. I leave home around 8 am an don't get home til like 10pm, so it leaves little time ta play. Cept' on my day off, an I'm usually sooo sooo bizi then too... So I jus' haf ta try different things I suppose til I find somethin' that does what I need it ta do. I came home tonight and found the merged file completed. 18 GB... VLC player had a lil' heart attack when I tried ta play it. Butt I'm hopin' the file is indeed good, an I'll be able ta use it ta convert ta somethin' smaller...
    Off ta bed. Nighty nite...
    Lezlee
    Quote Quote  
  15. Well, I got it converted and it looks and sounds great.
    I used Virtualdub to amplify the audio and convert each file to an avi around 500 meg each.
    Then I used virtualdub again to make one file with all 6 parts in it. Around 3 gb.

Then, I used total video converter to convert the one large file to mp4, an it's done and looks and sounds fine...

My question is, Why does the avi file say it's 4 hrs an 54 minutes long, and the mp4 says it's 6 hours and 3 minutes long?

I tried the avi in WMP and VLC player and both say 4:54.

The mp4 in vlc says 6 hours. The sound is a lil' out of sync on the mp4, but jus' a few seconds, not an hour...

Thanks,

Lezlee
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lezleefeetsgoddess View Post
    My question is, Why does the avi file say it's 4 hrs an 54 minutes long, and the mp4 says it's 6 hours and 3 minutes long?

I tried the avi in WMP and VLC player and both say 4:54.

The mp4 in vlc says 6 hours. The sound is a lil' out of sync on the mp4, but jus' a few seconds, not an hour...

Thanks,

Lezlee
    Remember this?

Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Wild guess: You input is vfr and Virtual Dub can't handle vfr,.... (or if you fed the avis to Virtual Dub, the avis are probably asynch to begin with since the application you used to convert the mkvs to avi couldn't properly handle vfr)
    Possible reason (example): your mp4 is 29.970, AVi converted is 23.976 = Time lenght error.

To avoid this, play your mp4, look in mediainfo for framerate. If not here, use default 29.970 and make a .AVS file like this:

aud=ffAudioSource("video.mp4")
    vid=ffVideoSource("video.mp4", fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001)
    AudioDub(vid,aud)
    It will play perfect in VIRTUALDUB. If not 29,970 try other fps.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  17. BINGO, I thought of it last night when I was layin' in bed. I changed the frame rate when I was convertin' ta mp4 from 29.97 down ta 24, tryin' ta make the file smaller.
    Is there any way to correct the length info on the 24 fps file?
    Thanks,
    Lezlee
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BINGO, I thought of it last night when I was layin' in bed. I changed the frame rate when I was convertin' ta mp4 from 29.97 down ta 24, tryin' ta make the file smaller.
    Is there any way to correct the length info on the 24 fps file?
    Thanks,
    Lezlee
    The MP4 has sync sound problems?

If YES
    , Try using MeGUI for this conversion.

The
    MeGUI has all tools you need to extract streams from MKV, select filters (resize, colors, etc. ..), and encode straight to MP4.

If you
    want,I can help by making a video tutorial and showing how the whole process.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi Claudio, Yes it's the mp4 that is showing the incorrect time, and also has slightly out of sync audio. The avi file I made is fine I believe, so I'll want to convert that to mp4. The avi is 29.97fps, and I'd like the mp4 to be 24fps. Will that tool you mentioned do that? I'll download it now. and that tutorial would be nice too if you have time. Also I'm interested in learning about Avisynth. I don't know a thing about it. I do see it's installed on my machine, v 2.5 I believe, cuz once I followed these instructions to rip a dvd > http://elliottback.com/wp/how-to-rip-a-dvd-a-tutorial/ an it worked jus' perfect...

Ok, I haf ta hop in the shower now, jus' got home from work and need ta freshen up a bit...

Kisses,
    Lezlee
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Claudio, Yes it's the mp4 that is showing the incorrect time, and also has slightly out of sync audio. The avi file I made is fine I believe, so I'll want to convert that to mp4. The avi is 29.97fps, and I'd like the mp4 to be 24fps. Will that tool you mentioned do that? I'll download it now. and that tutorial would be nice too if you have time. Also I'm interested in learning about Avisynth. I don't know a thing about it. I do see it's installed on my machine, v 2.5 I believe, cuz once I followed these instructions to rip a dvd > http://elliottback.com/wp/how-to-rip-a-dvd-a-tutorial/ an it worked jus' perfect...

Ok, I haf ta hop in the shower now, jus' got home from work and need ta freshen up a bit...

Kisses,
    Lezlee
    Look your MP in 2 hours.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Look your MP in 2 hours.

Claudio
    Be careful, Claudio. That may actually be a 350-pound dude you're talking to.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Look your MP in 2 hours.

Claudio
    Be careful, Claudio. That may actually be a 350-pound dude you're talking to.
    350 pounds? Who knows.

Dude? 99% certainty a woman is not writing those posts. That's part of what pissed me off. You don't have to pretend to be a woman here to get help, but the cornpone hokum is just too much for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Lezleefeetsgoddess,

On video is very easy method to make MKV to MP4.

Is necessary download a software named MEGUI.

Step by step, you will
    have no more problems converting your MKVs to cellphone.

MEGUI: http://sourceforge.net/projects/megui/files/latest/download

Claudio

Guys: "É uma cilada Bino"...
    Quote Quote  
  24. [/QUOTE]

Look your MP in 2 hours.

Claudio[/QUOTE]

What's a MP?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What's a MP?
    No need. I posted in topic. Look the tutorial.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!