VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone had any luck importing subtitles into Xmediarecode. I have a movie with an srt. subtitle but Xmediarecode does not recognize it.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No luck me either.

However, VidCoder will recognize SRT.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for reply... Vidcoder won't work for me because I'm trying to convert an MKV to AVI. So I'm looking for a converter that will do that. Xmediarecode has been the only one I've tried so far that will let me convert MKV to AVI and retain AC3 5.1 & both sound and look good. I tried Format Factory and picture looks great and it does subtitles but AC3 5.1 is skewed to left channel. Very strange. I'm converting 720p HD at 3000 bitrate and with my upscaling DVD player they look as good as bluray on my 40 inch flatscreen.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your goal is to play the AVI on a DivX/Xvid-capable DVD player, you might try using AVIAddXSubs to mux the SRT subtitles into the AVI, instead, creating a soft subtitle stream you can switch on and off with your remote. It's not an all-in-one solution, but most all-in-one solutions I see usually don't turn out good results in the end, in at least one or more aspects, in my opinion.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That worked...THANKS!
    Quote Quote