VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am Sorenson Squeeze user, please tell me how should I modify these options in H.264 codec to result best, highest output video quality. (I don't mind and don't care about encoding speed or CPU performance. just need best quality) thanks...

here are the options:
    or you can see them with these images:
    http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/2008/capturelc.png

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4975/capture1yz.png

HRD Conformance
    Bitrate Buffer: * bits
    VBV Buffer Initial: * %
    VBV Buffer Target: * %
    Max I-frame Size: * bits
    Max P-frame Size: * bits
    Max B-frame Size: * bits
    Max Br-frame Size: * bits
    Mark Every: * I-Frame as IDR

Fixed I-Frames Distance (yes or no)

Motion Vector Search Range: * (0........1000)

Adaptive Quantization - Brightness Based * (-100...........100)
    Adaptive Quantization - Contrast Based * (-100...........100)
    Adaptive Quantization - Complexity Based * (-100...........100)
    Quote Quote  
  2. you really paid 800$ for this? There is bunch of free guis for x264 encoder and they also use simple x264 preset system. for example
    --preset placebo --tune film .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, I have purchased 999$ pro version of Squeeze. so I am really excited to learn compression techniques.
    Quote Quote  
  4. So why don't you ask sorenson's tech support then?
    BTW. You must be very rich. 1000 bucks must be alot in Georgia
    Quote Quote  
  5. (I don't mind and don't care about encoding speed or CPU performance. just need best quality)
    -> than disable the HRD Conformance (HRD = hypothetical reference decoder)
    If you need the HRD Conformance you should normally have some restrictions that need to be fulfilled and normally given through indirect infos, i.e. content needs to be Blu-ray/AVCHD conform or needs to match a specific H.264 Profile&Level.
    So if you have such a indirect restriction and Sorenson does not offer a specific profile to match your restriction you need to look up how to interpret your restriction in a way that they can be mapped to the options provided in the 'HRD Conformance' section.

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  6. than disable the HRD Conformance
    than or then
    Quote Quote  
  7. you are right
    Quote Quote  
  8. see we all do mistakes
    Quote Quote  
  9. I know the 'leaving' vs. 'living' was just too 'funny' since it provoked a lot of interpretations, in that thread.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Your English is better than my German....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    While I think actually posting to correct grammar/typos like 'than' for 'then' is severely assholish (though I learned a long time ago that forums are full of belligerent dicks), I agree that for $800, with the sort of automation claimed, the OP shouldn't have to be asking these sort of questions. There should be comprehensive presets and tech support.

For reference re. h.264, the avidemux dokuwiki has the best explanation in one place I've seen.
    Quote Quote  
  12. While I think actually posting to correct grammar/typos like 'than' for 'then' is severely assholish (though I learned a long time ago that forums are full of belligerent dicks),
    I don't mind if somebody corrects me. You learn something new every day...
    Quote Quote  
  13. me neither + it was just a nice coincidence that I first corrected Atak and than he corrected me
    Quote Quote  
  14. you did it again than instead of then. I've noticed that this is quite common mistake made by german people. Interesting. Cruncher on forum.doom9.org does the same.
    Quote Quote  
  15. LOL, you are right,.. it's probably because we use totally different written words in german for it:
    than <> 'als' (used for comparison)
    then <> 'dann' (used for time)
    *gig*
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've seen people born and raised on English confuse than and then.....don't sweat it.
    Quote Quote