VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could you please tell me which media player is good for internet streaming tv?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JoshuaConnor View Post
    Could you please tell me which media player is good for internet streaming tv?
    Seriously.....

You posted to a thread/topic that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your question ?!?!?!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    JoshuaConnor-Please do not hijack threads which have nothing to do with your question,i have moved your post to a new thread.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WDTV LIVE.

If you just want streaming and not file playback check out the roku boxes. I don't believe roku plays files off usb harddrives - there might be a version that does but I don't believe the lite models do.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    pc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    WDTV LIVE.

If you just want streaming and not file playback check out the roku boxes. I don't believe roku plays files off usb harddrives - there might be a version that does but I don't believe the lite models do.
    I've got a WDTV Live and have been loving it for years. The newer models may give you few more online options.

I have to give the Roku some props here as well. Though not as good a media player, it does have a tuner to pick up OTA signals. Both my brothers have dumped their TV bills (one with cable the other DirectTV) and gone with one. Sure they miss some of the sports channels but have all the locals via OTA and subscribe to Netflix (maybe Hulu/HuluPlus too...) for episodal TV stuff, mostly for kids programming.
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think VLC player
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Gotta love this. New member hijacks an unrelated thread and then ignores all the advice he's been given. Since I don't know what exactly he means by that original post and everyone else has just guessed and he obviously wasn't serious about getting answers since he answered his own question (and with an answer that seems to call into question exactly what his original post even meant), I have none to give.

I do want to point out that the high end Roku devices can indeed play files from USB devices, but they are limited in what they support. VERY limited. See here: http://support.roku.com/entries/423946-what-media-file-types-does-the-roku-usb-media-p...hannel-support
    Last edited by jman98; 11th May 2012 at 09:34. Reason: Fixed typo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I ditto PC, ten you can use any player you choose. And will not have to make sure the file is in a format hardware players can use (some of them are very finicky).
    Last edited by dragonkeeper; 11th May 2012 at 09:49. Reason: Typo
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote