VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

Been recommend to come here by a friend. Wondering if anyone can help me out I've used dvdfab to get a dvd on to my hard drive which I plan on converting with handbrake to put on to my tablet.

Had a few problems with dvdfab crashing when choosing the full movie option, after choosing the full disk I've finally got it on the hard drive (comes in at 10GB), thought I would then convert the VIDEO_TS folder with handbrake which seemed to work fine however when I played back the file the finish of the film is about 40 minutes in and the films seem to be all jumbled. Also tried using dvd shrink and Reauthoring the file to just get the film but this just gives the same results.

I've noticed that both dvdshrink and handbrake give 99 titles.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by DaveG2147; 2nd May 2012 at 14:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Which DVD? And, are you using the most recent version of DVDFab HD Decrypter? If it's a relatively recent DVD, DVDFab may need to be updated to deal with issues with that DVD. (If it is a recent DVD, and you're using the free version of DVDFab, you may need to wait a bit for an update to resolve the issues.)

Does the ripped VIDEO_TS folder you have now play without issues?
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, provide the title and what region it is coded for. It could be some type of disc protection deliberately designed to mess up programs like DVD Shrink.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your mention that your rip came in at about 10 gb is an immediate hint something went very wrong: That's larger than the capacity of a DVD.

In addition to that, the "99 titles" is virtually an automatic alert that the software you're using can't decipher the encryption method being used.

As others mentioned, DVDFab (if current enough) should handle your rip. The freeware DVDFabHDDecrypter lags its payware version in decrypting the latest schemes.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi thanks for the replies,

Take your point about the size think I choose the dvd9 setting by mistake. The DVD is mission impossible 4 region 2, not on my pc at the minute so can't tell you what version the dvdfab is. Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by DaveG2147 View Post
    Take your point about the size think I choose the dvd9 setting by mistake.
    No, not a mistake if your intent was to decrypt the movie to the hard drive with no reencoding/transcoding. As mentioned before, the giveaway is the 10 GB resulting file. Your DVDFab is out of date. and can't handle this particular DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    manono's right ... if you want to bypass the dvdfab encoder and use handbrake, which is what I'd be doing, you definitely want to set dvdfab to dvd-9. I also suspect you'll need a newer version of dvdfab, maybe the paid version if you're not using it now.

You'd think all these free or paid programs would just give you a message when they can't decrypt a disc but not necessarily.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Right dvdfab updated and seems to have gone alot better, opened quick in dvdshrink and the 99 title have vastly dropped. only ripped the film in dvdfab and currently waiting to see what happens with handbrake (taking a bit longer than expected) it is around 5gb though. Edit - handbrakes only converted 1hr 40mins (full runs 2:07) ?

Thanks for everyone's help know doubt I'll be back for help on something else
    Last edited by DaveG2147; 3rd May 2012 at 16:22.
    Quote Quote