VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I didn't know where exactly to put this post in, and Im kind of a noob at this. But here's my problem:

http://i48.tinypic.com/30xeosl.jpg

BTW, that's version 6.4.9.1. I know its an old version but I keep it because of its ridiculously small file size. I've been using MPC for quite some time now and it really worked fine before. Until now that it wont exactly go "fullscreen". I don't recall doing any drastic changes to the settings or something, because it was just some random day when I found out it was acting like this. D:

This doesn't seem to be a problem when I play the video file on VLC or WMP. I am aware that I can watch videos on VLC instead, but I've been getting more attached to MPC now, and I was hoping if there was something I could do to get that full screen resolution thing back? Or do I have to ditch MPC altogether?

I don't really want to use the latest version of MPC as of the moment because
    1) its 5mb more than my current one, and
    2) It keeps telling me that I have to "download and install the June 2010 release of DirectX End-User Runtime for MPC-HC to function properly"; and obviously I don't really want to do that (since Ive been watching vids fine before without it) :/

Can someone help? I'd be really grateful. Thanks~! ^^

PS: Tell me if for some reason the pic can't be viewed, so I could upload it again.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Select View->Video Frame->Touch video from inside instead of Normal size.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It won't hurt to use the DirectX End-User Runtime to make sure your DirectX setup is up-to-date and includes everything (Vista and higher only have a rather minimal set of DirectX 9 components, for example, which a lot of programs want to use). MPCHC also uses DirectX to allow for some new display modes (the EVR modes, I believe). You don't have to use those display modes, but it'd still be a good idea to update your DirectX setup, anyway.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Unless you manage to find the exact cause of the problem, you'd better "upgrade" to MPC-HC.
    Me too was very fond of the old and simple MPC, until the day that, and I'm unable to explain why,
    it started to have serious issues with DTS audio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Select View->Video Frame->Touch video from inside instead of Normal size.
    tried it. And... it worked.

wow. now i feel dumb. XD

--

I'll think about upgrading to MPC-HC and dLing the directX maybe sometime in the future when I feel like something's missing or wrong in my vidwatching experience. But for now Im happy enough with what I have. :>

Thanks so much guys for the help~! I really appreciate it. ^^
    Quote Quote