VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone advise please (apart from suggesting throwing it in the rubbish bin)
    I bought a Eurotech dvd-d4001 recorder for ten pounds its very old but looks very clean, i.e. looked after.
    It has no remote or instructions, just the power cable, but I thought that I would take a chance.
    using a scart cable, I plugged it into an old tv that I could afford to have blow up, inserted both "Find Remo" and a home produced music cd and got brilliant results.

I would now like to see if I can get it to record, but I am a bit (lot) lost concerning this, what other cable would I require, I've tried googling for a remote, but without success, can anyone help please?

tia
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Buy a logitech 300i and use that to program your dvd recorder.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your prompt reply johns0, as I said in my query, there are no instructions with this recorder, do you think that the logitech 300i will find the recorder if I have no information about it other than whats on the front of it i.e. "eurotechdvd-d4001" there is no model number or serial number on the back either?

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Theres a good chance but i cant guarantee it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    o.k. johns0, thanks, I think I might try and get some info from logitech, but have not been too impressed with them replying in the past.

I will come back and let you know if I get a result, thanks for your trouble.

o
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I seee you are in UK. Why not look at the remotes they sell in shops like Poundland for £1. These can be set up to operate many devices but often do not have the latest models. Hopefully you will then be able to check your recorder works with little extra cost.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello itsonlyme (why didn't I use that?).

I'm going to give that a shot, why not? nothing to lose! I will come back if there is any result,

thanks.
    Quote Quote