VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This could be simple but I just can't figure it out. I have a Dell Optiplex 740 with a Dell ATI-102-A924(B) Radeon X1300 Pro card.
    I am running Windows XP. I have a splitter cable on the DVI out going to DVI D connectors. I can see the video on my monitor but not on my Mitsubishi 65" DLP. I am using a DVI D to HDMI cable. Is this not possible or do I just need a different driver?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. You have to have a direct line(no splitter) to your TV and enable TV in CCC, if you still can't see it on your TV then select Force TV.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for my ignorance, it has been a while since I tweaked anything. What is CCC?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Catalyst Control Center, it's the little red icon in your taskbar. Make sure you have the latest drivers:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx?type=2.4....3&lang=English

Also DX9:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

The X1300 is an old card so I doubt it can output 1920x1080, 1280x720/60hz will work.

So after you download all the updates, turn off your PC then:
    1. Use a VGA cable to connect to your monitor.
    2. Use the DVI to HDMI cable for your TV, turn on the TV.
    3. Boot up and right-click on your desktop and select ATI CCC, go to displays and enable the TV, if your TV isn't detected then select Force Tv detection.
    Last edited by MOVIEGEEK; 30th Apr 2012 at 21:12.
    Quote Quote  
  5. TV's are usually limited in what resolutions and refresh rates they support via HDMI. Typically, 1280x720 progressive at 59.94 frames per second and 1920x1080 interlaced at 29.97 frames per second. Maybe 1920x1080 progressive at 59.94 frames per second. Ie, standard television resolutions and refresh rates.
    Quote Quote  
  6. All HDMI sink's and sources must support 640x480p60 (can be 720x576p50) this is mandatory from HDMI 1.0 - next case is typical TV resolutions ie 1280x720 and 1920x1080 (720x480p59.94/60, 720x576p50), older HDMI sink's and sources can have issue with 1080p59.94/60/50 but then this is only TV or HDMI source limitation - HDMI as a standard is able to is able to support 1920x1080p60 without any problem from 1.0 .
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help, I am about half way there. I have not been able to locate a DMS 59 pin to HDMI cable so I am using the DMS 59 to 2 DVI D connectors. I installed the software and forced it to find the TV. Nothing appeared until I selected HDTV 1090 at 60 Hz under the Force button. On my TV I can see the Windows desktop screen but no taskbar, icons, or the active windows I have open. Hopefully I just need to tweak this a little, any thoughts?
    Just another thought, am I better off getting a true HDMI video card? What I am trying to do here is watch my cable shows Game of Thrones etc.. on my big screen. Am I going about this the right way?

Thanks
    Dan
    Quote Quote  
  8. It sounds like you have Extended Desktop enabled, right-click on the ATI taskbar icon and disable it. A dedicated videocard with HDMI out would be best, you can get a ATI HD4000 or HD5000 series pretty cheap(~$50) and it would be faster than your X1300.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by dannyc550 View Post
    On my TV I can see the Windows desktop screen but no taskbar, icons, or the active windows I have open. Hopefully I just need to tweak this a little, any thoughts?
    Put the two monitors in mirror or clone mode. You currently have either dual desktop or extended mode (the two monitors side by side as one big desktop).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all of your help. Cloned the screen and it worked. The picture is pitifull though, so I guess it is time to crack open the wallet and get something that will do 1920. Saw this on Tiger Direct for $35.

XFX HD-545X-ZQH2 Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB, DDR3, PCI-Express 2.1 (x16), DVI, HDMI, VGA, DirectX 11, Single-Slot, Low Profile
    Quote Quote  
  11. Some cards won't do different resolutions on different monitors in clone mode.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah it limited me to the monitors resolution of 1280 X 1024. Thought the picture would have been better but it was real blotchy on everything but the faces. You could see the red scan lines all over te place also.
    Quote Quote