VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Isn't there another software that could do the conversion? There are too many problems with this HCGUI. I process the files in Yamb, but HcGUI cannot transform those either. A small piece is always missing from the end of the video. It makes me crazy now. Doesn't this software have a bug???
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've been using HcGUI for years and have never had a problem like you are describing.

To get around the problem with Yamb, you might try remuxing into an MKV container with Mkv Merge GUI, then extracting the h.264 from the MKV with Mkv Extract GUI. Mabye Yamb will be able to mux that h.264 stream into a new MP4 file.

Or mabye AviDemux will have better luck.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Okay, but what about HCGUI. You can see on the Youtube video that it recognises time well.It works with the Yamb output file. Yet, it outputs a short movie. You can see it on my video. What did I do wrong? I did everything as you described. You see that Directshow is not in the new script any more. So what is it that is still confilcting???
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you select a frame range again?

nr. of frames to encode: 8756
    frames to encode: 0 - 8755

result:
    nr. of frames: 8756

HCEnc logs say it encoded them all . If there were more than 8756 frames, then the problem isn't HCEnc's fault, the problem occurred earlier in your workflow. HCEnc can only encode what you feed it.

Is the yamb crash with demuxing, or remuxing ? You can try mp4muxer, or mymp4boxgui as well. But the fact that it crashes with only 2 files, and not the others, suggests something is different about those 2 files.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Couldn't you post a script for VirtualDub? Maybe that will work fine.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Did you select a frame range again?

nr. of frames to encode: 8756
    frames to encode: 0 - 8755

result:
    nr. of frames: 8756

HCEnc logs say it encoded them all

Is the yamb crash with demuxing, or remuxing ? You can try mp4muxer, or mymp4boxgui as well. But the fact that it crashes with only 2 files, and not the others, suggests something is different about those 2.
    Watch the Youtube video I attached at the bottom of the previous page. Every question will be answered. I recorder the HCGUI panel, the Yamb error.

Yamb reports the error on demuxing.

In HcGui, all frames are selected.
    Quote Quote  
  7. But you're judging this HCEnc encoded video duration based on Windows Explorer. It cannot parse elementary streams correctly. Mux it then report back on the duration. Or Use gspot or mediainfo, what does it say about the duration of 11.m2v?

The log says 8756 frames encoded. That's correct. 8756 frames / 25 = 350.24 seconds = 5.83 minutes or 5:50
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    If I watch the video in a player, it plays until 4:32. The video should be 5:50 however. It is not only the Explorer that sees 4:32.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Which media player? Many cannot play elementary streams properly either

Answer the question above with gspot, or multiplex it with the audio then check it
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Which media player? Many cannot play elementary streams properly either

Answer the question above with gspot, or multiplex it with the audio then check it
    okay, after Multiplexing this is okay

The creators of all those media players should **** that. I have to say this now.

After I am finished with this project, I won't take a video any more. It is a pain in the neck. My life was better before buying camcorders.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Okay, and what shall I do what that crazy Yamb???

As I said, 2 files are not working with that.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Try one of the other programs suggested above either to demux and/or remux , or use DirectShowSource with Trim if your directshow filters give repeated frames

I'm not going to download a few GB
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    I'll try it once more with directshow, if I don't succeed, I'll leave it as is. I will export the sound and make a CD instead of a DVD. This whole project is a pain in the neck. Those should **** that who split the world to NTSC and PAL.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Guys, what do I have to select at Chroma downsampling in HCGUI? I only selected interlaced in the Encoding options section, but there is that chroma downsampling, too. When I showed you how my HCGUI is set, you might have seen it was left on progressive. But is that okay?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    Guys, what do I have to select at Chroma downsampling in HCGUI? I only selected interlaced in the Encoding options section, but there is that chroma downsampling, too. When I showed you how my HCGUI is set, you might have seen it was left on progressive. But is that okay?

It's fine. Chroma downsample option in HCEnc only affects when you have YUY2 input. You have YV12 input (ie. nothing is downsampled , or input=output in terms of chroma)
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    After all this struggle, I am wondering what if the 25 fps conversion done by my DVD burning software is also good, only my stupid player software didn't play it fine because of that PAL NTSC problem.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Your DVD burning software should not have converted anything, just muxed the M2V and AC3 audio into a VOB file, and built the VIDEO_TS structure. It has no idea the video was once 60i, all it sees is the 25i M2V file.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Nono, I refer to that before complaining here I tried to convert the 60 fps mp4 to DVD files by another software, actually with 4 other softwares, but the vob files were always jerky in the end. And after that I came here. I just wondered if that was the problem of the converting or only the media player software. But I tried it, and those vobs are also jerky on the TV.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Guys, could you also write me how to modify the script if I want to convert 60p to 25p this way? MAybe from this time on I will use the Camcorder in 720p, because this i thing is a pain in the neck. But I am sure I will have to make some DVDs later too, so it would be useful to know the method for p when I will need it. What is the script, then?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    Guys, could you also write me how to modify the script if I want to convert 60p to 25p this way?
    Given that the camcorder produces weird MP4 files we might have to actually see one of the videos. But it might be as simple as:

Code:
    import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\SmoothFPS2.avs")

ffMpegSource2("filename.mp4")
    LanczosResize(720,576)
    SmoothFPS2(25,1)
    Quote Quote  
  21. based on jagabo's info that clip is de-facto interlaced I loaded your clip (trees by the lake) into Sony Vegas, version 8, pretty old one, but any vegas or Studio should work as well,
    set properties for project to 30i, 1920,1080, upper field first, and exported through frame server, and it is nice 30i video,
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    based on jagabo's info that clip is de-facto interlaced I loaded your clip (trees by the lake) into Sony Vegas, version 8, pretty old one, but any vegas or Studio should work as well,
    set properties for project to 30i, 1920,1080, upper field first, and exported through frame server, and it is nice 30i video,
    Man! This is not about that! I need 25i files because I need to complie a DVD for my friend, and he only have a PAL player. MY camcorder records in 60/30 fps. 30i files are not good. But thank you for the info anyway. For a later DVD for myself it might be useful to know. MY player can play NTSC, too.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    Man! This is not about that! I need 25i files because I need to complie a DVD for my friend, and he only have a PAL player. MY camcorder records in 60/30 fps. 30i files are not good. But thank you for the info anyway. For a later DVD for myself it might be useful to know. MY player can play NTSC, too.
    Sure, correct 30i is just first step, after you edit your video within videoeditor, you can get audio as you want and then you can use Avisynth loading frame server avi to deal with smoothfps2() function only in the script. I see it is only for your friend, one time thing only, then you do scripts above, no videoeditor.
    Quote Quote  
  24. ^ _Al_'s suggestion does work .

Not only is it an editor - the benefit here is Vegas seems to ignore the problems with the framerate of your files (there are no repeat frames, or stuck frames). It might even open the 2 "damaged"? files , because you are not demuxing the files. You need to use install debugmode framesever as well, but I don't know if it works with the free trial. It's worth giving a shot.

Think of it as replacing the yamb step. The frameserver makes a "dummy" fake AVI, which you open with avisynth script, then you use basically the same script
    Quote Quote  
  25. Unfortunately, Vegas' frame rate conversion is very poor so you can't use it directly.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    You need to use install debugmode framesever as well, but I don't know if it works with the free trial. It's worth giving a shot.
    frame server works in trial too, it works in all versions HD Movie Studio, Platinum, Pro

frame rate conversion done with mvtools2.dll are better (if there is no obvious mistake, picture distortion for frame or two) than done in Vegas, tested once with 30p to 60p, mvtools2.dll has to process separate clips, no crossfades etc..
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    I understand now. I thought he misunderstood the initial goal, and suggests doing for 30i than struggling with 25i.

But actually the script works, no Yamb needed. This problem with the file length was not a real problem. Only my video player saw the file to be shorter. It seems quite stupid, but me as a regular user, I had no clue that these players don't open files correctly. Who would wonder they would only open a part of it, it is quite annoying. It made me struggle for 3 days when actually there was no problem at all.

So hopefully now I can make that DVD. We'll see the result soon. But my eyes hurt now because of this torment, so I have to take a small break...
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Hey, guys!

I have just finished converting all my files from this concert, and burned the videos to DVD, the outcome is satisfying. It is way much better than a usual program doing the conversion. So thank you for your help.

However, there were some minor problems during the conversion. Could we make it clear so I can avoid these errors in the future?:

1. There were some audio sync problems. I have used directshow with HcGUI, and I always set to convert half of the frames that HCGUI detected in the end frame box in HcGUI. Maybe this is not correct this way?

2. There were 2 errors in 2 of my mp4. When using the camcorder to play back the videos, there is no problem, but in the m2v files there are jumps in the video at those error points, and the video will have audio sync problems after the jump. So I guess it would be useful to prepare the mp4 files that Sony Vegas way that AL suggested, next time. Can that solve the problem? I wrote you earlier that Yamb also freezes on those errors.

3. I used this as final script:
    Import("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\SmoothFPS2.avs")
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll")
    DirectShowSource("sany.MP4", seek=false)
    AssumeTFF()
    AssumeFPS(30000,1001)
    Yadif(mode=1, order=1)
    LanczosResize(720,576)
    SmoothFPS2(50,1)
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()

Can I replace the Directshowsource in this with ffMpegSource2("1z.MP4", atrack=1, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001)? When You suggested me the FFMPEGsource, the Smoothfps.avs was not included in that script.

With ffmpeg the video opens with the correct frame rate. I guess if I use HcGui with that, I should't have audiosync problems, right?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Bencuri,
    I am a bit confused about the whole thread,eventualy about the exact process of How to convert from 60fps to 25fps to get continuous video. Simply I am loosing myself in it. Can you please describe once more, in few steps, how did you succeded to get satisfactory PAL stream from 60fps HD?
    Me, and some visitors, would meet this info. Step by step, not in details, I do not ask you for superdetailed manual.

BTW, I found, that today only CINEMA TOOL from FinalCutPro can make contious 59.94p do 50p/25i conversion. But it is not free tool and unfortunately for not Window´s OSs.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, sure.

Here are the links for what you need:

Avisynth
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVIsynth
    HcGUI
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/HC
    TMPGEnc
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/TMPGEnc
    MVTools2
    http://avisynth.org.ru/mvtools/mvtools2.html
    Yadif
    http://avisynth.org.ru/yadif/yadif.html
    SmoothFPS
    https://forum.videohelp.com/attachments/12295-1336093747/SmoothFPS2.zip

You need to install AviSynth, TMPGENC. Extract SmoothFPS, Yadif and mvtools. Copy those to AviSynth's plugins folder (in Program Files/Avisynth/Plugins).

Extract HCGUI. You don't need to install it, it runs without that.

As jagabo mentioned: "you may need to install a DirectShow MP4 reader/splitter. Haali should work too."

Then make a new TXT document in Windows, and rename it to have "avs" as extension. Like: script.avs. Open that file with notepad, and copy the following code to the file:

Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\SmoothFPS2.avs")
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll")

DirectShowSource("1z.MP4", seek=false)
    AssumeTFF()
    AssumeFPS(30000,1001)
    Trim(0,10497)
    Yadif(mode=1, order=1)
    LanczosResize(720,576)
    SmoothFPS2(50,1)

SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()

Modify the path in Import, Load_Stdcall_plugin and DirectShowSource to the path you have on your computer. In directshowsource, the 1z.mp4 refers to the file you want to convert. Just modify this to the name of your file. Make sure you put that video file into the HCGUI directory.

Save the file.

Copy your .avs script file to the HCGUI folder.

Then run HCGUI. In HCGUI:

- Open the avs file pressing: Input.

- Press Output, and give a name to your output file.

- Set max bitrate to:9000.

- Press: All Frames Button.

- On the Settings1 panel set these: interlaced, TFF, tick Constant Quantization, set Quant value to 2, tick check VBV/max bitrate. Leave Chroma Downsampling in progressive.

Then all you need to do is to press the Encode button.

When your m2v file is ready, run TMPGENC, because the m2v file is without sound, you need to put back the sound to the video. Go to File menu, MPEG Tools. Click on Simple Multiplexing. Choose the m2v file as video, and for audio the sound of the original file you converted. Select a name for the output, and start the multiplexing.

You can get the audio out of the original file by opening it by Goldwave, then saving it as Wav. Then open the wav in Audacity, and save it as an AC3 file. You can use this file in TMPGENC.

When you are ready, you get an mpeg from TMPGENC. You can use this file to burn it on DVD in interlaced mode, TFF, choosing not to convert the mpeg by the DVD maker. You can do this with Corel Movie Factory.

This is the process, but the guys here who helped wrote the script specifically for my mp4 video files, and for converting those to PAL DVD 25i. My mp4's are 60i accoarding to the camcorder, but 30i in reality, this was also considered when they suggested me the script. If you want to convert different files, like ones in 60p to 25p, you may need to ask the guys here to recommend a script for you that is suitable for your files. So you should upload a sample file and ask them what they suggest, first.
    Quote Quote