VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks.
    Only one question, I have input file in that American/Japan 59,94p file.
    Do you think, the described script will work also with this my progressive 1280x720 MP4/MKV file as input ?

Personnaly, I do not like interlaced output. Even highest framerate 60i/50i HD output from editor produces to me mini flickering contures + mini bluring when camera panning or zooming or filmed subjects are in movement.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by johnywalker View Post
    Do you think, the described script will work also with this my progressive 1280x720 MP4/MKV file as input ?
    As requested, post a sample. No one can guess what you have. 59.94fps can include all kinds of 'base' framerates.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is one sample, which I would like to convert to 25i PAL format, as a DVD copy for my old parents.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    But you said you don't like interlaced output, no?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by johnywalker View Post
    Here is one sample, which I would like to convert to 25i PAL format, as a DVD copy for my old parents.
    That sample is 60p but every other frame is a duplicate. So the underlying frame rate is 30p -- 30 different pictures per second.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "But you said you don't like interlaced output, no? "

Hello, yes, but only for HD resolution.
    In 576 resolution it makes no problem for me, both 25p or 25i are OK.
    25i (bottom first) is standard for PAL, if I am not mistaken.

I have HD for Bluray (720p/59,94) for me, and for my parents I want (older) DVD in standard PAL res. (576 lines,25i)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by johnywalker View Post
    That sample is 60p but every other frame is a duplicate. So the underlying frame rate is 30p -- 30 different pictures per second.

How did you find that please? I was in thinking there are almost 60 diferent picures per second.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by johnywalker View Post

How did you find that please? I was in thinking there are almost 60 diferent picures per second.
    Just open the file in an editor and step through frame by frame. You'll see every other frame is a duplicate.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I opened in Avidemux even the original raw 60p clip from FH1 Xacti camcorder, and each second frame is like the duplicate.
    Anyway, the question remains the same. Will the described script will work also with this my progressive 1280x720 MP4/MKV file as input ? Now I know, it is propably re-calculated 60p (from 30p chip?) and not natural 60p format.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I would reduce the frame rate from 60 fps to 30 fps before using motion interpolation. So for 25 fps progessive PAL your script will look something like:

Code:
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\SmoothFPS2.avs")
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll")

DirectShowSource("circus.mp4")
    SelectEven() #or SelectOdd()
    LanczosResize(720,576)
    SmoothFPS2(25,1)
    But be aware that SmoothFPS2() (and all the other variations you'll find) sometimes generates annoying artifacts.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. And you can also try to get the script to make just 30fps progressive DVD (HCencoder), I sent 30fps NTSC DVD to Europe and they never had a problem with it:
    Code:
    LanczosResize(720,480)
    mvtools2.dll might fail at crossfades, during fast movements etc., so you might try this alternative also if you change that fps after editing ....
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    And you can also try to get the script to make just 30fps progressive DVD (HCencoder), I sent 30fps NTSC DVD to Europe and they never had a problem with it:
    Code:
    LanczosResize(720,480)
    mvtools2.dll might fail at crossfades, during fast movements etc., so you might try this alternative also if you change that fps after editing ....
    Yes, that's easier, you don't have to worry about artifacts, and almost all PAL players and TVs can handle NTSC discs.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, I opened in Avidemux even the original raw 60p clip from FH1 Xacti camcorder, and each second frame is like the duplicate.
    Anyway, the question remains the same. Will the described script will work also with this my progressive 1280x720 MP4/MKV file as input ? Now I know, it is propably re-calculated 60p (from 30p chip?) and not natural 60p format.
    Please upload a sample from the outcome. I am buying this camcorder this or the next month, I would like to see what you can achieve!

I am very impressed anyway, this sample plays fluently on my slow computer. It is very nice even though it is inside with lamp. I like this video. Interestingly the files of my older Sanyo HD1000 don't play this smooth by far.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Circus.m2v seems to play smooth enough,thanks.

NTSC DVD I will not risk for my friends, though in my DVD own standalone player NTSC works OK.
    I was trying it.

As for playing circus.mp4 on week PCs, the clue is in that, that the output from editing SW must be set for the "lowest" 720/60p profile for AVCHD stream according Bluray standards. That is result of my many testings. Check via Mediainfo program (Main@L3.2). If it even then makes problem, it is good, for instance, to pass the stream through Avidemux from mp4 to mp4 file (without re-encoding).

In these days, I would not buy Xacti FH1/HD2000. I would go at least for Panasonic HC-V707 (if not directly 3MOS-chipped HC-X800/900, 3D of them not necessary) though more expensive, but maybe next year not so. The old Xacti HD1000 can still serve good and make satisfactory results, if you know how handle it and postprocess its material for Bluray HD (or MKV HD stream on PC etc). Those better Panasonics will be requiring stronger PCs + suitable SW, I suppose.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM

In these days, I would not buy Xacti FH1/HD2000. I would go at least for Panasonic HC-V707 (if not directly 3MOS-chipped HC-X800/900, 3D of them not necessary) though more expensive, but maybe next year not so. The old Xacti HD1000 can still serve good and make satisfactory results, if you know how handle it and postprocess its material for Bluray HD (or MKV HD stream on PC etc). Those better Panasonics will be requiring stronger PCs + suitable SW, I suppose.
    I am not a video enthusiast, just somebody who would like to make some nice shots, and the problem is that the video color of most of the camcorders doesn't inspire me. The Sanyo was the only type that, after purchasing it and making test videos, really caught my attention. That was the first camcorder in case of which I said: wow. Simply because the colors are so nice, just as I like it, and there are nice details. I know this camcorder is just an junior among other big guys in the market, but this is the only brand where the output really inspire me. At least on this price level. I only found 1 other brand that would interest me, the Canon HV40, but I have no firewire port on any of my laptops, so I couldn't use it, and it is also much more expensive than a Sanyo.

I respect the Panasonic brand anyway, because they make lots of good, technically advanced stuff on affordable price, but for me the color output seems cold. I don't like it that much. The Sanyo has warmer colors. And I like it. JVC is close to this in colors, but I am not sure the optics are competitive in those JVC consumer camcorders with the Sanyo. One thing is sure, in the Sanyo, there is a big lense. I am not sure about the JVC.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have tryied, aomething wrong with this my Avs script:

Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll")

DirectShowSource("VELIGRAD2011.MP4", seek=false)
    AssumeTFF()
    AssumeFPS(30000,1001)
    Trim(0,10497)
    Yadif(mode=1, order=1)
    LanczosResize(720,576)
    SmoothFPS2(50,1)

SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()

Everything went fine, no artifacts, no jerking, but PAL stream in SLOW MOTION.
    Duration of outputed "standard res." m2v file took exactly 2 x more time than inputed "HD res."mp4.

Any idea how to speed up the resulted video stream please?
    Quote Quote  
  17. DirectShowSource() is unreliable -- it may return the wrong frame rate. AssumeFPS(30000,1001) may not be right for your video. You have to provide a sample clip...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As well as what jagabo said, note that
    - Trim(0,10497) was specific to a particular Bencuri source and is probably not wanted at all here;
    - Yadif should only be used if your source is interlaced (your circus.mp4 wasn't).
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am providing my sample which I use as input MP4 video in attachment.May I have also one more avs script for such a squeezed PAL output?-second attachment JPG. I like when modern 16:9 tv screens stretch such picture when playing from DVD player, I do not like letter boxes etc. Thanks
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	squeezed PAL for 16 to 9 screens.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	12523  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by johnywalker View Post
    I am providing my sample which I use as input MP4 video in attachment.
    Leave off the Yadif, the AssumeFPS, and the Trim lines from your script. Your video is already 59.94fps to begin with.

I like when modern 16:9 tv screens stretch such picture when playing from DVD player, I do not like letter boxes etc.
    Learn to enjoy the videos in the aspect ratio they were created and the one in which they were meant to be seen. Learn to ignore the letterboxes and pillar bars. Why spend so much time getting the encoding right when you'll go and wreck it anyway when watching it? Having said that, this video is meant to fill the whole screen of a 16:9 TV set. Encode it as 16:9 and not as 4:3 as shown in your picture. And as mentioned before, don't use DirectShowSource if you can possibly avoid it. Use FFVideoSource:

http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I am providing my sample which I use as input MP4 video in attachment.
    Leave off the Yadif, the AssumeFPS, and the Trim lines from your script. Your video is already 59.94fps to begin with.

I like when modern 16:9 tv screens stretch such picture when playing from DVD player, I do not like letter boxes etc.
    Learn to enjoy the videos in the aspect ratio they were created and the one in which they were meant to be seen. Learn to ignore the letterboxes and pillar bars. Why spend so much time getting the encoding right when you'll go and wreck it anyway when watching it? Having said that, this video is meant to fill the whole screen of a 16:9 TV set. Encode it as 16:9 and not as 4:3 as shown in your picture. And as mentioned before, don't use DirectShowSource if you can possibly avoid it. Use FFVideoSource:

http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/
    thanks for tips, I have left out only AssumeFPS, and it worked!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by johnywalker View Post
    I am providing my sample which I use as input MP4 video in attachment.May I have also one more avs script for such a squeezed PAL output?-second attachment JPG. I like when modern 16:9 tv screens stretch such picture when playing from DVD player, I do not like letter boxes etc. Thanks
    The script for that source can be reduced to:

Code:

ffVideoSource("VELIGRAD2011.mp4") 
    LanczosResize(720,576)
    SmoothFPS2(50,1)
    SeparateFields()
    SelectEvery(4,0,3)
    Weave()
    You might be slightly better results putting SmoothFPS() before LanczosResize(), but it will take longer to render.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for tip about FFVideoSource. Finnaly I retourned to DirectShowSource.
    But please I have met a problem.
    The converting of short clips no problem. But if I am trying to convert the whole 3,55 Gb high.def. input, it always allows me to convert only first 3 minutes of PAL stream. Nice picture of m2v, but only cca first 10 percent of the whole movie. Is not HCenc. encoder limited somehow please?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Did you press the button : "Convert: All Frames" on the first settings panel? If not, it might happen the software is set to the amount that was present in your test clip. Check that.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by johnywalker View Post
    if I am trying to convert the whole 3,55 Gb high.def. input, it always allows me to convert only first 3 minutes of PAL stream
    You didn't remove the Trim(0,10497) command from the script. That command limits the number of frames to 10497, about 3 minutes at 60 fps. The Trim() command was necessary with Bencuri's source because DirectShowSource() misidentified the source frame rate and number of frames.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if I am trying to convert the whole 3,55 Gb high.def. input, it always allows me to convert only first 3 minutes of PAL stream
    You didn't remove the Trim(0,10497) command from the script. That command limits the number of frames to 10497, about 3 minutes at 60 fps. The Trim() command was necessary with the OP's source because DirectShowSource() misidentified the source frame rate and number of frames.
    Thatīs it. Now it seem be working without stop. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Bencuri,
    I already have ProdadMercalli stabilisation utility, tried some experiments, and for some cases it can solve stabilization, especially, if you work with SD resolution clips (me not, I want BluRay compatible disc HD outputs). Imperfectness of electronic stabilisation I am preventing already in the moment of shooting. Either from (mini) tripod, or simply lean the camera on wall, tree etc. Rather with wide lens angle then narrow, of cource. An not necessary zooming and camera moving. Movements must be in front of camera. The FH1 suffers also with rolling shutter effect, as all CMOS chip cameras. But very rarely, depends on the scenery shots, I have met it only twice during 2 years, it is almost nothing. Another imperfectnes is purple firing effect/chroma abberation, which is due to the camera large lens, which on the other hand, enable good picture in worse light enviroment. It can be seen more offen, e.g. in series of videoshots under very cloudy heaven, or sometimes when zoomed to far situated details. For this I use process, something like this: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1030919
    And it works very fine.
    Quote Quote