VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post

Since the video didn't contain any frames beyoud 10497, frame 10497 was repeated over and over for the second half of the video. My solution was to use AssumeFPS() to fix the frame rate, and Trim() to remove the extra frames.
    Man, please, read what I wrote above. I understand why you included the trimming. But as I mentioned above, it doesn't matter what value you write for the trimming, HcGUI will always start encoding with the same, false frame amount and time. For example, there is that shorter file I have created an uploaded above, It is 1:37 in length. No matter what value you write to the trimming, 10, 1000, 2000, etc., HcGUI always starts encoding 1200 frames. This is the problem. And secondly, here, on my side, the outcome was never: full video + still image. As I wrote, there was that 5:50 file. HcGUi converted 5 minutes from it, and added an extra 5 minutes of still image. But, that final 0:50 at the end of the original video was missing. So it was never an: 'it converted the full video and added useless extra minutes' case. That is the problem. And this should be solved. If I paste your code, HcGui opens the file, but it doesn't want to encode the full movie. For some f...ing reason, that crazy software wants to encode only a part of the video. This is what makes me nervous wreck now.

And this is not different with that Yamb output.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post

And this is not different with that Yamb output.

Are you sure? You probably have a copy & paste error

If delete that last "{" I get the same error : end of file reached without matching {
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Your screenshot shows no .avs loaded

Make sure you copy & pasted it correctly, and changed the 1st line.

Open the .avs in vdub, what does the error message say?
    Man, you missed a line from your code:
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll")

You didn't tell me that. I added that, and it loads now. Tell me the full code every time, I don't have a clue about these codes at all, what to include, what not!

Please paste the code here again, the full one, what I have to copy to the script, to make sure I do what you expect. Write the code that the script should consist of, the full one.

But still the same problem, it writes:

Movie Length: 2429 Frames
    Encoding length: 1216 Frames

And when I press encoding, it only starts encoding 1216. It doesn't want to do the full movie.
    Quote Quote  
  4. upload your .avs and hcenc log file to this website

post the screenshot of the 1st page of hcenc with the .avs loaded

If you add info() to the end of the script (save it as a different name, like test.avs), then open that in vdub, how many frames does it report ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    here are 2, log file will come soon
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ohhhhnooo2.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	12292  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. do you see on the right hand side, where it says frames? you have 0-1215 selected. Push "all frames button"

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	12294  

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I cannot believe it.

But you didn't tell me I have to press that button a few days ago, when I asked you about what I have to set on HcGUI for encoding. If I know that, maybe there wouldn't have been this s.ck.ng...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    I cannot believe it.

But you didn't tell me I have to press that button a few days ago, when I asked you about what I have to set on HcGUI for encoding. If I know that, maybe there wouldn't have been this s.ck.ng...

Sorry, I didn't look at any of your videos or settings in this thread until today

By default, all frames are selected in HCEnc. You must have purposefully set that range
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    I cannot believe it.

Sorry, I didn't look at any of your videos or settings in this thread until today

By default, all frames are selected in HCEnc. You must have purposefully set that range
    I never set that, if anything that was done, I did that unconsciously, but I don't remember a moment I did that. I asked you what to set when I attached a video of the state of my settings. If you wantch that video, it is visible it is set to all. I don't know at what f..kng moment it turned to 2xxx. Damned. These programs make me nervous wreck. I cannot believe one cannot watch a damned movie made by his camcorder on his DVD player comfortaby in 2012. Regarding videos we are still in the middle ages...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Attached is SmoothFPS2.ZIP which contains SmoothFPS2.AVS. Extract the file and put it in your AviSynth plugins folder.
    Where is your file? I cannot find it anywhere!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    Regarding videos we are still in the middle ages...
    No, we are in a age where the technology is changing faster than the software can keep up. MP4 is a complex container and h.264 a complex codec.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    Attached is SmoothFPS2.ZIP which contains SmoothFPS2.AVS. Extract the file and put it in your AviSynth plugins folder.
    Where is your file? I cannot find it anywhere!
    Sorry, forgot the attachment. It's in the original message now. You could also just copy/paste the function out of the earlier script and make your own SmoothFPS2.AVS.
    Last edited by jagabo; 3rd May 2012 at 21:17.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post

I never set that, if anything that was done, I did that unconsciously, but I don't remember a moment I did that. I asked you what to set when I attached a video of the state of my settings. If you wantch that video, it is visible it is set to all. I don't know at what f..kng moment it turned to 2xxx. Damned. These programs make me nervous wreck. I cannot believe one cannot watch a damned movie made by his camcorder on his DVD player comfortaby in 2012. Regarding videos we are still in the middle ages...
    You have to understand that people volunteer here for free, they're not necessarily always around, and don't read every single post. Nor are you the only person being helped.

The problem is your choice camcorder.

1) it's the wrong region 60Hz for a 50Hz region => this alone is a huge headache as you can tell

2) your specific model records the wrong framerate in the header =>problem for many programs

Videos work fine and edit easily even for beginners in most software if you made the right purchase decision. Then you wouldn't have to jump through hoops , spend 1000's of dollars on effects software or grind your teeth trying to learn avisynth

For example, I don't buy a UK model car with the steering wheel on the wrong side in Canada ! I don't drive on the "wrong" side of the road For the same reason, if you are in PAL land, you buy a PAL camcorder
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    1) Download Yamb beta 2....
    Good to know that works. I earlier tried remuxing into MKV but no matter what I did DirectShow still showed 60 fps and ffVideoSource() locked up. I verified that the remux with YAMB works with ffVideoSource() and ffMpegSource2(). And after remuxing with YAMB I was able to remux that MP4 to MKV and everything worked properly.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Regarding videos we are still in the middle ages...
    No, we are in a age where the technology is changing faster than the software can keep up. MP4 is a complex container and h.264 a complex codec.
    Theoretically, but practically no. Same as middle ages. Just think of the language, measurements, writing in the middle ages. Developement started when from the multitude of several dialects, measurement systems and letter variations people made a standard. What is happening now in technology, it is the middle ages of technology. Theoretically it is developement, but practically it is a mess. It is developement for only one clan: the businessman who are pumping the new and new things to keep the market going and have people buy the new. For them it is developement, because they are becoming richer and richer. This is the developement of wallets only, and bank accounts. But what comes out in the end is that I cannot use what I buy. I am glad I didn't buy this camcorder for 1000$ when it was released. I bought it now for 130$, but I wouldn't give more for it, not even a penny.

In the VHS era, if you recorded something, you could watch that at least. Now, just the s.cking. You buy a Full HD cam, wow technology. And what happens: jeky video and grainy picture in low light. To tell the truth I cannot see any quality and developement in it. It is so developed, that after using the 1000$ camcorder it made me wanting to throw it into the trashbin. I wouldn't call it developement.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    You have to understand that people volunteer here for free
    And most the software referenced in this thread is free.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    But what comes out in the end is that I cannot use what I buy. I am glad I didn't buy this camcorder for 1000$ when it was released. I bought it now for 130$, but I wouldn't give more for it, not even a penny.

In the VHS era, if you recorded something, you could watch that at least. Now, just the s.cking. You buy a Full HD cam, wow technology. And what happens: jeky video and grainy picture in low light. To tell the truth I cannot see any quality and developement in it. It is so developed, that after using the 1000$ camcorder it made me wanting to throw it into the trashbin. I wouldn't call it developement.

But yours is early generation model, not representative of current models at all. Quite low quality and soft picture. Have you compared to modern models? Much better sharper picture. I guess you can't complain for $130

Not very many consumer models <$2000 USD have good low light capabilities. The sensors are much too small. DSLR's have much better low light ability, but have many other issues of their own
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM

You have to understand that people volunteer here for free, they're not necessarily always around, and don't read every single post. Nor are you the only person being helped.

The problem is your choice camcorder.

1) it's the wrong region 60Hz for a 50Hz region => this alone is a huge headache as you can tell

2) your specific model records the wrong framerate in the header =>problem for many programs

Videos work fine and edit easily even for beginners in most software if you made the right purchase decision. Then you wouldn't have to jump through hoops , spend 1000's of dollars on effects software or grind your teeth trying to learn avisynth

For example, I don't buy a UK model car with the steering wheel on the wrong side in Canada ! I don't drive on the "wrong" side of the road For the same reason, if you are in PAL land, you buy a PAL camcorder
    Man, don't consider me that dumb. You are talking now without knowing the facts. It is PAL cam.I have the PAL version. So don't blame this on me. The suck is that the PAL and NTSC version are the same in this cam. I can also tell you the full serial number so you can check. This camcorder only records in 60/30 fps in every version, but has a selection for output when you watch it on tv: PAL or NTSC. That's all.

On the other hand, I choose this cam, because this was the only one that I could afford, and gave a good combination of low light performance and colors. I couldn't spend more on a cam than 1000$. In that range, I didn't find a cam better than the Sanyo range regarding color. I tried Canon, it was good, but the image was too soft for me, at some cams it was even a bit blurry. Sanyo was the only one where the colors insppired me. I could also buy Panasonic, but I don't like the color at panasonic, it is very cold. So what could I do?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    But what comes out in the end is that I cannot use what I buy. I am glad I didn't buy this camcorder for 1000$ when it was released. I bought it now for 130$, but I wouldn't give more for it, not even a penny.

But yours is early generation model, not representative of current models at all. Quite low quality and soft picture. Have you compared to modern models? Much better sharper picture. I guess you can't complain for $130

Not very many consumer models <$2000 USD have good low light capabilities. The sensors are much too small. DSLR's have much better low light ability, but have many other issues of their own

DSLR is not a choice. At least not under 1000$. I compared my cam to Canon 550D, well at the first moment it won the race: Canon had no autofocus. So at this price range they are not an option. On the other hand, even if it is an old model, I couldn't find a better one. I tried Canons, etc. they don't have that good color. Sanyo is closer to my preference of colors than other cams. The only other type I liked was the Samsung HMX20C, but that is also an interlaced cam, so what would that change.

There is the HD2000 from Sanyo, but I didn't see any personally yet. Until I cannot test it, I don't buy. It has more megapixel, maybe at night it is not so good. All in all, this HD1000 is still better than anything else I tried under 1000$ The canon HFM41 is great, but still I don't like the colors.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    Man, don't consider me that dumb. You are talking now without knowing the facts. It is PAL cam.I have the PAL version. So don't blame this on me. The suck is that the PAL and NTSC version are the same in this cam. I can also tell you the full serial number so you can check. This camcorder only records in 60/30 fps in every version, but has a selection for output when you watch it on tv: PAL or NTSC. That's all.

On the other hand, I choose this cam, because this was the only one that I could afford, and gave a good combination of low light performance and colors. I couldn't spend more on a cam than 1000$. In that range, I didn't find a cam better than the Sanyo range regarding color. I tried Canon, it was good, but the image was too soft for me, at some cams it was even a bit blurry. Sanyo was the only one where the colors insppired me. I could also buy Panasonic, but I don't like the color at panasonic, it is very cold. So what could I do?
    Well I apologize then, it's Sanyo's bloody fault.

But I still would have picked a different model. Other deficiencies like "don't like that color" can be overcome with color adjustments. But framerate conversions like this are a mess and never great, even with interpolation

Canon too soft? Interesting, most their consumer models are very sharp, many of them oversharpened. Surely it wasn't softer than this? I did see the landscape video with the trees in the other thread. That was very soft, no detail at all.

Anyways good luck, I hope your DVD for your friend turns out ok
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    I meant soft differently. I always take the HDTV as reference. We compared my Sanyo and the Canon EOS 550D. The Canon shoot very good pictures. If I was given a machine like that for pennies, I would buy. But with the Sanyo HD2000 introduced, I am not sure. The picture was fine, but somehow the details in the Sanyo videos are different. the Eos movies were similat to a film, Sanyo is similar to what details you see with your eyes, but the colors are enhanced. Eos also enhanced colors, but the details were not the same kind. They were fine, but when you see the Sanyo videos you feel you are watching a nice painting. The Canon is not that inspiring. I cannot tell it differently. I have a lots of problem because of this, because my Cam doesn't even have a good stabilizer, I am not sure if the HD2000 have, but the image is great. When I watched the videos of it on Youtube, I knew this is the best for me. Unfortunately when it comes to watching the videos on anything else than TV it sucks.

And besides, there is another aspect in which other camcorders cannot keep up with the Sanyo HD line: portability. It really fits in your pocket, but it has mic line in, microphone and flash shoe, built in flash, and all this with those good picture on HDTV and great colors. I mostly use my cam to record excursions. If I buy a Canon HFM40, I cann't handle that so easily as this Sanyo. For me this is an essential point. I need a travel camcorder first of all, if you consider this, you may understand why I insist on this so much.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    If you are interested, watch this video that I recorder about a flower, watch it on HDTV if you can:

https://www.wetransfer.com/dl/25d7fsfq/d8d2ebfbd3feee411ad52a6f436c6a8c5ee00ca49b3b7fc...d9d07fa34dee3b

It is 65mb, the original mp4. It is crap on my computer, but on my HDTV it is beautiful. I have a JVC GZ-HM300 and a Samsung HMX200 camcorder, and those don't have this good picture. When I watch these videos, I feel like going out and do more. The EOS 550 could shoot similar good videos, but those were not this stunning. I really like this video.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Okay, guys, back to this converstion struggle, which option shall I select in TMPEnc at Simple Multiplex/Type? MPEG-2 Program VBR?

I don't know why, but again, after multiplexing, there are jumps appearing in the mpeg. It is only my computer display, or the file became bad?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    Okay, guys, back to this converstion struggle, which option shall I select in TMPEnc at Simple Multiplex/Type? MPEG-2 Program VBR?
    Yes.

I don't know why, but again, after multiplexing, there are jumps appearing in the mpeg. It is only my computer display, or the file became bad?
    I doubt it's the file. But upload a small sample that shows the problem. TMPGEnc's MPEG tools has the ability to trim out a section.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    We'll see, I'll try this again, maybe I did something wrong with Yamb.

Yamb wants to convert the sound from the video into 128 kbit/s stream. Can't you raise that. It will have a crap sound, at least it should do 192 kbit/s, shouldn't it?
    Quote Quote  
  26. The reason why some shots are so soft, like the tree/foliage clip - is the low bitrate it's 12Mb/s! That's not enough bitrate for HD acquisition. Most consumer camcorders these days record 21-24Mb/s or 28Mb/s for 1080p60 for AVCHD. Now bitrate isn't everything, but it's big deal when it's that low - it becomes a limiting factor when you have shots that stress the codec (like outdoor scenes with lots of detail like that foliage clip, or if you have lots of motion, complex scenes)
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post

Yamb wants to convert the sound from the video into 128 kbit/s stream. Can't you raise that. It will have a crap sound, at least it should do 192 kbit/s, shouldn't it?
    Yamb cannot convert anything (it has no ability to re-encode video or audio) . It only re-wraps (repackages) video & audio
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM

Yamb cannot convert anything (it has no ability to re-encode video or audio) . It only re-wraps (repackages) video & audio
    So this 128 Kbps is the camcorder's recording rate that you can see at the description? See the file I attached of my Yamb window.

Name:	juuuu.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	12296  

Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Bencuri View Post
    So this 128 Kbps is the camcorder's recording rate that you can see at the description? See the file I attached of my Yamb window.

Yes that's what your camera records at - 192kbps is the peak bitrate, its a VBR recording

Bit rate mode : Variable
    Nominal bit rate : 128 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 192 Kbps
    The quality loss occurs when you encode it for something compatible for DVD-video (like mp2 audio, or AC3 audio). You can minimize that loss by using higher bitrates. Yamb doesn't re-encode (no quality loss)
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Okay, you also mentioned you can check the Frame amount in Mediainfo. Where is that written on the info sheet? It doesn't list the frame amount for me.
    Quote Quote