VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a AVI file with the AC3 Codec. I am trying to use Virtual Dub to switch it to MP3. The original source file is in Sync. When I play the source file in Virtual Dub it is in sync. But when I export the file with the Lame MP3 codec. The file is not in sync. Why is that ? & I have tried various versions of Virtual Dub & the results end up the same
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Simmons View Post
    I have a AVI file with the AC3 Codec. I am trying to use Virtual Dub to switch it to MP3. The original source file is in Sync. When I play the source file in Virtual Dub it is in sync. But when I export the file with the Lame MP3 codec. The file is not in sync. Why is that ? & I have tried various versions of Virtual Dub & the results end up the same
    Extract to WAV file , load in VD using "Audio form other file", select MP3 to conversio and save the movie.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It still is out of sync & it plays fine in Virtual Dub
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Select other MP3 codec (fraunhofer) to encode.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have anything called fraunhofer in my Virtual Dub Audio Compression list
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Its become in K-lite Mega Codec Pack

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  7. I like the freeware XMediaRecode for such jobs as it allows me control over the bitrate as well as the sampling rate when converting or recoding. The app is fast and faithful, and it lets me easily separate the audio from video. I don't know if it can multiplex.

When you say "out of sync," I take it that you referring to an audio-video sync problem. Is the asynchrony problem constant, meaning the audio is out of sync with the video by the same amount of time at the beginning as at the end; or are you experiencing audio drift? The latter may be caused by muxing audio and video that is set to a different framerate. Freeware Audacity has a nice feature that will let you simply modify the duration of an audio file without altering the pitch.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This can happen if you choose ABR or VBR for the Lame encoding mode.
    Quote Quote