VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I recorded the ANZAC Day parade on a Sony PVR (http://www.sony.com.au/product/svr-hdt1000) and wanted to edit it on my computer. I copied it to an external WD 500GB drive but had to format the drive first to suit Sony. Now when I plug the external drive into my Mac it does not recognise the Western Digital (WD) external HDD. The message I get is "the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer".

I would be grateful for any help on how to fix this problem so I can read the file on the WD HDD via USB/firewire and then copy it to my Mac to edit it.

Many thanks, Woodserjimmy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Knowing SONY it probably is their own encrypted format and not possible to read. PVR's like the Topfield or Beyonwiz record a standard mpeg ts format file easily transferred to a PC or MAC for editing. Not much help now for you other than to suggest you do it old way like transferring VHS to PC ie use a capture device and play the program back in real time. PVR's to avoid are the ones marked "Freeview" they offer nothing but prevent you from transferring files to a PC etc. They also prevent jumping over commercial breaks (fast forward only).
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try playing it from the PVR and then recording it onto another device. A bit of a pain as the parade went for 2.5hrs!
    Quote Quote