VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys,

I was using VDub 32bit with fccHandler's Quicktime plugin on WinXP to edit the .MP4 files that come off my camcorder. But since I've upgraded to Win7 I haven't been able to get this to work. I switched to the 64bit version of VDub and Handler's 64bit QT plugin, but still got the error that VDub couldn't recognize the file. I tried running the 32bit version of VDub on Win7, as well, with the 32bit plugin, and every other combination I could think of. Not an ounce of luck.

I've been googling for hours and haven't come up with anything that works. Is there a solution? I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our editing section.

I just tried virtualdub 32bit 1.9.1 and fcchandlers quicktime plugin 2.5 and it works fine with most mp4s. I'm using win7 64bit also. I have ffdshow installed. But don't know if it's required.

Did you put the plugins file in the correct folders? plugins/plugins32 or plugins64 for the 64bit version.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 27th Apr 2012 at 02:05.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally I placed it into the plugins directory. I also tried placing it in plugins/plugins64 or 32. I've been trying both 32bit and 64bit. Can't understand why the same fix worked flawlessly in XP and does nothing for me in Win7. The fact that it works for you is all the more confounding. I'm about ready to throw in the towel.
    Quote Quote