VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, maybe I'm missing it and if I do I'm sure I'll be moved or pointed in the right direction but....I can't seem to figure it out. I have an existing bluray and want to replace the m2ts video files (of which it has several) with other files that I've reencoded at a different size. I've read several forums and tried different programs... but the best that I've gotten it to do is it'll play the firstplay stuff no problem but then the bluray freezes when it trys to go to the menu portion of things.

Is there anyway that this can be done? And if I'm beating a dead horse, please point me in the right direction!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't seen anything like vobblanker(it could replace video streams in a dvd) for blu-rays yet.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Never used BDFix, but thankfully I had a lot of time today so I did a bunch of trial and error and actually got it to work.

Basically I'd used Tmpgenc Authoring works 5 to convert my own files the way I wanted them with subtitles, which the original bluray didn't have. I'd wanted to add them to the original bluray so that I would still keep the same menus and popup menus but just have my own encode and subs.

So what I ended up doing, I replaced the m2ts files with the mt2s files I encoded and renamed them according to the original bluray's m2ts set as well as copied over my clpi for my m2ts files and renamed them according and replaced them as well (which I'm sure is the same method used with TSmuxer for those that are familiar with that process)

Then after that I used BDedit to update my m2ts files and saved the info. Then I used this wonderful little program I discovered called Bd Rebuilder and just had it Rebuild the bluray with the files I'd copied. Eureka!! After it was all done it worked with the menus and everything. At first the subtitles didn't show up but then I realized I had to go into BdEdit and turn them on. After that, I've got a perfectly working bluray with original menus and my own encodes for the m2ts files.

Thanks for the input! And if anyone has more specific questions I'll try and help as best I can.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nice! Now make a complete a guide with screenshots.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I could use the guide right about now

I am able to replace same size m2ts files using - tsmuxer to mux and then copy new m2ts and clpi into the original structure without issues.

I am having issues when my new m2ts is longer or different duration than the original - tried BDedit and matched IN and OUT Times still no luck - any input is appreciated. Not sure if it makes a difference but the m2ts I am replacing happens to belong to the very first mpls [00000.mpls]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not fully understanding the BD structure and BDedit, but reading this about clpi files and running into this, maybe it can help?

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/CLIPINF-Editor.shtml
    Quote Quote