VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok,

I post videos of my Xbox360 footage to youtube, and I've recently been having problems with my BlackMagic Intensity Pro..

I have called the BlackMagic Intensity Support line too many times to count, and they are very vague about the problems I am going through. I have had this card for 2 years, and it's been a pain on-and-off during that entire duration. The problems escalated when I replaced my old PC with a new AMD cpu board. the stats on my computer are as follows:

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (3.30 GHz)
    16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 880MHz (11-11-11-28)
    1024MB GeForce GTX 560 (Gigabyte)
    MSI 890FXA-GD70 (MS-7640)
    244GB Western Digital WDC WD2500KS-00MJB0 ATA Device (SATA) (Primary Boot Drive)
    1465GB Western Digital WDC WD1502FAEX-007BA0 ATA Device (SATA) (Software Raid formatted)
    1465GB Western Digital WDC WD1502FAEX-007BA0 ATA Device (SATA) (Software Raid Formatted)

I record to my 3TB of Raid0 Formatted drives directly. I have run many tests, and I average roughly 260-280mb/s Write & Read speed on these drives.

When I have my Blackmagic Express Software open, and ready to record, the Playback video on the software Flickers NON-STOP. When I record, that flickering is also present in the video - and the recording stops immediately (Assuming I don't have 'continue with drop frames' checked), claiming I have dropped frames.

ALSO - As of Late, when I close the Blackmagic Express Software, about 60% of the time, it will lock up, and my computer Blue Screens. On reboot, I have to reset all my preferences, as the data corrupts on improper shutdown.

SO, to resolve some of my issues, I have tried a different recording capture software. I read online about, and downloaded AmaRecTV. I like it, but I keep getting an error when using MPEG 3-layer Codec Compression (amcStreamOpen error). And I have to use the mjpg option, or a nasty watermark is over my footage.

EDIT: I solved the amcStreamOpen Error by disabling compression in my audio track, but now mjpg records a few seconds of video, and goes black, while retaining the audio recording. Every other codec is OUTRAGEOUSLY huge in size ~ 10GB files for 5:00 of footage. And the watermark for AmaRecTV is still in the bottom left corner when I use any other codec besides mjpg.

I'm all out of things to try, and am hoping someone has some answers to my problems - BlackMagic Support is a joke, in terms of helping me so far.

-Madness
    Last edited by MADNESS7; 26th Apr 2012 at 05:02.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You'll need to be specific about this board as it comes in different packages.

Identify slots and there pci-e ? value from the manual ... then for each filled slot provide the current cards pci-e ? value

If you get addon cards arranged in the wrong order you can affect pci-e performance and/or shared resources conflict which can lead to problems such as blue screens.

In any case the issue should have been resolved some time ago so it may be a case the card is now in a state in which problems will be inevitable.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Bjs View Post
    You'll need to be specific about this board as it comes in different packages.

Identify slots and there pci-e ? value from the manual ... then for each filled slot provide the current cards pci-e ? value

If you get addon cards arranged in the wrong order you can affect pci-e performance and/or shared resources conflict which can lead to problems such as blue screens.

In any case the issue should have been resolved some time ago so it may be a case the card is now in a state in which problems will be inevitable.
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but it was a fear maybe my motherboard was faulty, or my BlackMagic Intensity Pro was setup in the wrong slot. Unfortunately, when I move it to other slots in my motherboard, it doesn't work at all. The slot names have always confused me, so I'll sound like an idiot for a moment here: It's got a short gold connector (I believe it's PCI-e), and it's plugged into a very long connector, that you would normally plug a video card into.

I hope this is of some help.

I have the card working, and recording through AmaRecTV with absolutely no problems - I just despise the watermark in the lower left corner, and am a bit weary about sending $10 paypal to some third-world manufacturer to remove it. Was just hoping I could get mjpg codec to work, so I wouldnt have to worry about it.
    Quote Quote