VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Could anyone help me with a code to input into my dvd player to enable me to play region 1 dvd's on a region 2 player. My make of dvd player is a Toshiba RD85DT. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope.

But as you are posting in the dvd RIPPING section you could rip it with dvdfab decrypter and burn on dvdr. It will be region free. Or just play on your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Presumably you are asking for an unlock code because you already looked on the internet for one and didn't find one. Every now and then a post like yours does come up with a code that works. However, I do need to warn you that I find it very strange that we get a lot of one post wonders who join simply to post codes to unlock various players when someone asks about them. Are we supposed to believe that this person spends his spare time doing internet searches on this particular player, just hoping that someone will ask for an unlock code that only he knows? It seems weird to me, but don't be surprised if you get a response from someone who joins us just to post a code for you. We can't personally guarantee that any posted codes will actually work.

VLC is a free media player and it will play your DVD on a PC or Mac without checking the region code. Most or maybe all commercial DVD playback programs will do region code checks for PC playback.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's not looking good.
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/toshiba-rd-85dt/7375

Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    However, I do need to warn you that I find it very strange that we get a lot of one post wonders who join simply to post codes to unlock various players when someone asks about them. Are we supposed to believe that this person spends his spare time doing internet searches on this particular player, just hoping that someone will ask for an unlock code that only he knows?
    I often read through lots of forum threads when Googling for a solution to a particular problem, much of the time not finding an answer, but rather other people asking the same question. On a few occasions after finding the answer somewhere else I've joined a forum to post the solution in those same threads in order to share it. Especially if it's a not too generic a solution which you need to go out of your way to find. Last time I joined two forums to share the fix for USB3 PCI express cards disconnecting or running at USB2 speed. It's nice to know there's other nice people out there too.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jenirwin1974 View Post
    Could anyone help me with a code to input into my dvd player to enable me to play region 1 dvd's on a region 2 player. My make of dvd player is a Toshiba RD85DT. Thanks.
    You have a DVD recorder, according to what Google turned up. DVD recorders can almost never be made region free.

You could make a region free copy of your DVD, but region 1 uses NTSC video. It is hard to say if your DVD recorder will play it. DVD players are more likely to have the ability to play both PAL and NTSC video than are DVD recorders.

[Edit]I found a post indicating that your machine could not record NTSC video, so chances are it cannot play it either. http://forums.thedigitalfix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516171
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 22nd Apr 2012 at 12:26.
    Quote Quote