VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello sorry, I am a newbie in this forum. I`ve tested mkvmergegui to join my subtitled to the mkv movie file. But the software seem reducing the sound quality. A little bit noisy and dry compared to the source mkv movie file. Correct me if i`m wrong. thanks

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Mkvmergegui can't change any audio quality. It just remuxes and doesn't touch any video or audio. BUt I don't see what that has do with this thread...here are we reconverting with other tools.

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info baldrick. I`m using mkvmergegui. with the darkest hour movie, i`ve compared with the source(non subtitled). Ok. If you say that mkvmerge doesn`t change the audio and video quality, i`ve downloaded the darkest hour mkv source file when i played with 40 inch lcd, the movie came with full wide screen. Then i played the muxed darkest hour using mkvmergegui it came 16:9 with black edge on upside and downside. I`m using sony bdp s380 with amp marantz sr5001 with chord company hdmi on video, audioquest coaxial on audio, cav speaker n energy woofer. Anyway if baldrick say that the audio n video doesnt change with mkvmerge gui, i gladly to test another mkv movie n will merge the subtitled. i`ll report soon. For baldrick i look forward for the reply. Thank alot

Search Comp PM
    The film you mention has an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 so on a 16:9 LCD/Plasma etc should have black bars top and bottom.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851

5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please buy the movie,thread moved and closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.