VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to look in the forum but no results yet. I would like to edit some video files (with filters and transitions) and then save (or export) the result in mkv format using x264. As I know, only TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works can do this now, having also timeline (NLE). There are other possibilities too? Thanks for the answers.
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1) install frame server debug mode
    2) open fake .avi in ripbot264

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hntNbK_vpK0
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Youtube video seems to be very convincing. I'll make a try. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    1) install frame server debug mode ...
    Sorry, no way to do this. DebugMode Frameserver works only with Vegas Pro edition, and not with Vegas Movie Studio.
    Have to find something else, but the idea with frame serving from NLE editor may be a viable option...
    Quote Quote  
  5. you can download fully functional 30-day trial!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately, Ripbot264 does not save audio to ac3 format (or i don't know how to do it), so finally I frameserved to XmediaRecode (mkv, x264 + ac3). The idea with serving frames was very good, it works.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Atak_Snajpera, how can i convert with RipBot264 a DV-avi file to mkv with ac3 sound? Is it possible somehow? For instance, it seems that only AAC is available for mkv...
    Quote Quote  
  8. may i ask why you prefer older less efficient AC3 compression instead of newer more advanced AAC?
    In terms of quality:
    AAC > mp3 > AC3 > mp2

BTW. AAC 128kbps is transparent. This means that you won't be able to hear difference between original and compressed file. AC3 will need about 256kbps.
    Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 22nd Apr 2012 at 08:44.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Atak_Snajpera, in mkv my actual hw media player plays better the AC3 format (even at high bitrates) than AAC (with AAC at 96 kbps seems to be ok, but at 128 Kbps the sound is stuttering). Maybe I will look around for a better hw player... Always, thanks for your responses. I will keep an eye on RipBot264, it's a very promising software.
    Quote Quote