VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm looking for a OpenSource alternative to TuneCab, so I can download video off sites such as NBC.com or CBS.com at a clear high resolution. Relative likes to watch video on netbook whenever, with no net connection.
    Last edited by PowerFalcon; 20th Apr 2012 at 07:13.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try Replay Media Catcher , open source projects are fairly behind when it comes to those particular sites.

There's also xVideoServiceThief (open sourced)
    Last edited by Bjs; 20th Apr 2012 at 00:35.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi, thank you although neither of them worked
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. Anything with a GUI ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. It appears to have worked, thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It's not a pretty GUI by any means - but it actually works for many sites and it's free & open source

The other one that works for many sites is streamtransport (slightly better GUI, free but isn't open source, and runs through IE)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by loster View Post
    No, it doesn't work at NBC.com anymore. They changed something yesterday. There are no RTMPT protocol entries during video stream, but TCP only. It seems videos are divided into small portions. Replay Media Catcher tries to download webdumps, but they are small (500-700 kb) and I don't see the way to put them together.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I realized that a few weeks ago that you can't download no content from NBC.com What about sites like showcase any success or US/Canadian type sites. RTMP doesn't cut it with those sites, it farts out.
    Quote Quote