VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just changed DVD region to play all via hack details provided for lg 9723p as I am in Australia and bought some DVDs from uk. I have DVD now playing but won't "play all" so I need to select individual episodes which is a pain seeing each episode only goes for 5 minutes and solutions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Australia is region 4.

It seems odd simply making the player multi-region would change it's functionality that way, but I've hardly used a DVD player in years.....

You could make a backup copy of the DVD using something like DVD Shrink while setting it to region 4 to see if that makes a difference.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tanneedshelp View Post
    Just changed DVD region to play all via hack details provided for lg 9723p as I am in Australia and bought some DVDs from uk. I have DVD now playing but won't "play all" so I need to select individual episodes which is a pain seeing each episode only goes for 5 minutes and solutions?
    It is possible that the DVD was not authored to play the next title. If that is what happened, there is more than one way to correct the problem, but the easy way is use DVD Shrink in reauthor mode to add the clips one by one in the right order, and create a menuless copy.

DVD Shrink can rip older DVDs, but can't cope with newer protection methods. DVD Fab HD decrypter is the most up-to-date free ripping software. If DVD Shrink cannot decrypt the disc, DVD Fab HD Decrypter can be used to rip the DVD to a disc image, and then DVD Shrink can open the disc image for re-authoring. By default, ripping software sets the region code to "0" which allows playback by DVD players in all regions.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    It is possible that the DVD was not authored to play the next title. If that is what happened, there is more than one way to correct the problem, but the easy way is use DVD Shrink in reauthor mode to add the clips one by one in the right order, and create a menuless copy.
    Reading the original post I assumed the DVDs should play the titles one after the other, but for some inexplicable reason making the player region free caused it to behave differently when playing those discs. Maybe that was an incorrect/silly assumption. I guess if the OP had to make the player region free in order to play the DVDs, he mightn't know whether the titles should play one after the other under "normal" circumstances.

So yes, it's likely the disc simply isn't authored to play the titles one after the other and making the player region free has nothing to do with it.
    Quote Quote