VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello folks,

I am at a position where I would like to have ALL my video collection either in mp4 (playable on iPad) and/or in avi with DivX/Xvid codec format. It turns out, I have many files which are not playable either on iPad or my DVD player (Philips DVP3560/F7).

I am looking for a tool using which I can import more than one, as many files as possible at once, and it gives me a output of codec used in those videos. I know, I could do that one by one using GSpot but I have too many video files to deal with. Does such utility exist?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Mediainfo. Change to View->Sheet and open all files with File->Open->Folder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a lot. I use MediaInfo sometimes but GSpot is THE best. This one did the job though. Thanks a lot for super quick useful response.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Both are invaluable, but Mediainfo is still being developed while Gspot isn't (and Gspot always had some problems with AR and with certain DV-AVI implementations). I would love to see MediaInfo incorporate most of the cool MPG/GOP and codec delineation features of Gspot...

Scott
    Quote Quote