VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anyone have any ideas where to start with this.
    It has variable fps it is mp4 mobile file so i cannot opened it directly in avisynth.
    I have couple similar files but i will like to know the base
    Thanks

The file

Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
    Codec ID : mp42
    File size : 2.01 MiB
    Duration : 8s 64ms
    Overall bit rate : 2 088 Kbps
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Simple@L4a
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
    Codec ID : 20
    Duration : 7s 975ms
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 2 000 Kbps
    Nominal bit rate : 1 800 Kbps
    Width : 640 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate mode : Variable
    Frame rate : 14.295 fps
    Minimum frame rate : 10.638 fps
    Maximum frame rate : 26.224 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.455
    Stream size : 1.91 MiB (95%)

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Duration : 8s 64ms
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 96.0 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Channel positions : Front: C
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 94.8 KiB (5%)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by mammo1789 View Post
    Anyone have any ideas where to start with this.
    It has variable fps it is mp4 mobile file so i cannot opened it directly in avisynth.
    I haven't looked at it yet, but you're not restricted in using avisynth for this, just because it's a VFR source

You can filter it, treating it as CRF - and as long as you mux back with timecodes = VFR

To extract timecodes, you might use FFVideoSource("video.mp4" , timecodes="timecodes.txt")

To mux back in you , you could use mp4fpsmod, or mkvtoolnix for mkv
    https://github.com/nu774/mp4fpsmod
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks pois i have another bad a.s video with 19,620 FPS ( fixed ) from camera progressive ( i don't understand why the manufacturers do this with frames) what do you suggest there to make it 25 or 30 fps video for dvd and how.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by mammo1789 View Post
    Thanks pois i have another bad a.s video with 19,620 FPS ( fixed ) from camera progressive ( i don't understand why the manufacturers do this with frames) what do you suggest there to make it 25 or 30 fps video for dvd and how.
    19.620 CFR?

For DVD, if you are in PAL area, I would make 25 FPS , 720x576 DVD

Your options are

1) ChangeFPS(25) - this will add frame repeats
    2) ConvertFPS(25) - this will add blends, but maybe smoother result
    3) Use MVTools to retime and generate motion interpolated new frames - this will give smoothest result, but sometimes works well on some material, sometimes very poorly on others (morphing edge artifacts)

It depends on the specfic content and you will have to see what you like better

You don't have to use avisynth; most editing programs will allow you to do some combination of 1 & 2 above. Mostly effects type programs will alow you to retime/optical flow or #3
    Quote Quote  
  5. 19.620 CFR?
    i guess if you mean constant frames by that.

See the problem is that there are 3 cameras involve that i want to use as final dvd product.

1. First is the nokia 5630 mobile phone camera that captures in 640x480 but in variable fps mp4 ( it think divx )
    2. The second is hp camera that captures 320x240 19.620 cfr ( mjpeg)
    3. The third one is Canon 8mp camera that captures 640x480 30 fps (mjpeg)

I don't expect miracle i cleaned the video a bit but i have problem with frames and with different sizes

3) Use MVTools to retime and generate motion interpolated new frames - this will give smoothest result, but sometimes works well on some material, sometimes very poorly on others (morphing edge artifacts)
    I haven't try the 3 but first 2 give me very jerky picture ( worse than original played on tv)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by mammo1789 View Post

See the problem is that there are 3 cameras involve that i want to use as final dvd product.

1. First is the nokia 5630 mobile phone camera that captures in 640x480 but in variable fps mp4 ( it think divx )
    2. The second is hp camera that captures 320x240 19.620 cfr ( mjpeg)
    3. The third one is Canon 8mp camera that captures 640x480 30 fps (mjpeg)

I don't expect miracle i cleaned the video a bit but i have problem with frames and with different sizes
    This is big problem to intermix these. If source (1) is very variable, you will have sync problems with this project. You can try converting to CFR, but large VFR deviations will cause you to go in and out of sync in sections. You cannot keep VFR video for DVD output goal

I haven't try the 3 but first
    2 give me very jerky picture ( worse than original played on tv)
    If you wanted to try #3, you can use mvtools2. There are several other similar but slightly different methods (like SVPFlow) that may provide slightly better or worse results. A simple example might be:

source=last

super = source.MSuper(pel=2)
    backward_vec = MAnalyse(super, overlap=4, isb = true, search=3)
    forward_vec = MAnalyse(super, overlap=4, isb = false, search=3)
    source.MFlowFps(super, backward_vec, forward_vec, blend=false, num=25, den=1)
    Just change the num, and den numbers (numerator, denominator; hence 25/1 is 25 fps)

I didn't have time for a good look at your example video, but it looks like levels are crushed (some recoverable) - so you can raise levels, but that will reveal more noise. There is also chroma noise, fixed pattern noise (horizontal lines). It is also shaky. So those are things you might address or try to improve
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks pois i will try that and report back with some examples i don't have much time this days
    Quote Quote