VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM

I need a heavy duty LightScribeburner and CD/DVD burner.

I keep wearing out thelight scribe facility of the burners after a couple hundred DVD burns.

Can anyone point me to acommercial LightScribe and CD/DVD burner?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you considered a disk label printer? If you look at some of the posts in this forum concerning Lightscribe and/or disk label printers, you will find that most people favor the printer method.

Reasons for using a disk label printer:

1. Better looking labels
    2. More colors
    3. Much faster than Lightscribe

But if you insist on a heavy duty LightScribe burner then be prepared to pay upwards of $800 US for a rack mounted burner. You can google that.
    Last edited by TreeTops; 17th Apr 2012 at 18:46.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TreeTop,
    Thanks for the information. Can you recommend any label printers?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just to be certain the distinction is clear, don't even think about sticky labels. No, what you want is a printer that will print labels on an inkjet printable blank DVD+/-R....The blank DVD, IOW, has a printable surface. Buy inkjet printable DVDs online at places like Meritline, Rima, Supermediastore, etc.

Have a look at the Epson Artisan series. I've had my Artisan 725 for a couple years now and it's been A-OK. Cost was ~ $100 bucks or so when I got it.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TreeTop,
    Thank you for your device
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did a Google search and found printers capable of printing on CDs and DVDs could be priced anywhere from from $90 to $900. Some are for commercial use and only print on CD and DVD, while others are basic home-office models. What is your budget? Do you need wireless connectivity or other specific features?
    Quote Quote