VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. for 1080i videos that are 29 fps, ive tried several of the modes all seem the same to me. VLC wiki suggests Linear or bob mode even though Blender is the default. Also I dont know if I should try inverse telecine mode as the video is taken from broadcast.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Auto/Yadif(2x)
    Quote Quote  
  3. out of curiousty doesnt deinterlacing increase framerates? is that a good thing or a bad thing? And using Yadif(2x) is it similar to how TVs do it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes deinterlacing can double the framerate on a PC, Yadif looks good to me. Here's a brief comparison:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Deinterlacing

If enabling deinterlacing doesn't help in VLC then just leave it off, better yet try MPC-HC.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't prefer mpchc over vlc. It uses non windows codecs and I won't use them anymore. I use either smplayer or, if it won't play something properly, vlc. That's only happened once.

I find with deinterlacing or other filters (smplayer has the best ones I've seen) you have to just experiment sometimes. It's quicker than doing research.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    I don't prefer mpchc over vlc. It uses non windows codecs
    MPCHC has (built in) almost all the same file reader/splitters and codecs that VLC has. It doesn't have to use external filters and codecs. In addition, it has the ability to use system installed filters and codecs when needed.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I tried MPC-HC once and I felt confounded by all its features. Kept asking myself which codecs to use and what settings and all that. So thats why im sticking with VLC for now.
    Quote Quote