VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Whenever I try to export the audio of my sequence as a 5.1 uncompressed WAV file, I get the above error. I can export as 5.1 AAC or stereo uncompressed WAV perfectly fine.

The only info I could find on Google was about low hard drive space (not the problem), not having Quicktime installed (can't see how I'd need it), and corruptions in the file (makes no sense given the successful exports). I've tried copying everything to a new sequence, no luck.

Any other ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you exporting audio separately? What settings are you using exactly ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    WAV, Uncompressed, 48000 Hz, 5.1, 16 bit. And yeah, it's just the audio, I exported the video as m2v.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've never seen this before, but other options you could try are to export it as AIFF, or PCM WAV in AVI (under "Microsoft AVI")
    Quote Quote  
  5. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    AIFF failed too, and I see no option for WAV, or PCM, or anything else under 'Microsoft AVI'.

The end result needs to be something I can import into Encore, retaining 5.1 channels. Previously, I managed to output as WAV and then run through AftenGUI, but now it's not working. I've recently reinstalled Windows, but it had a tendency to occasionally not work on the previous installation, too. I've also had some video exports throw up the same error, but that's usually fixed by simply trying again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you have audition, right click on the audio track and click edit in adobe audtion. it can save as 6ch wav.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a way I can convert the AAC file to an AC3 file? I just need a 5.1 AC3 file (Encore transcodes anything else, converting it to stereo in the process, because Encore is an idiot).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lots you can try- audacity w/ffmpeg import export library, belight, avidemux, mediacoder...
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  10. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Will Audacity do the job? Apparently different file formats store the channels in different orders, and I don't want those getting messed up...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Is there a way I can convert the AAC file to an AC3 file? I just need a 5.1 AC3 file (Encore transcodes anything else, converting it to stereo in the process, because Encore is an idiot).
    Adobe Encore is a BD/DVD authoring program. An authoring program requires valid elementary streams with which to create the final BD/DVD. The fact that Encore has a built-in Dolby Digital encoder for transcoding certain audio files to stereo AC3 is a bonus, as is the wretched MainConcept encoder it also has. If these encoders did not come with Encore, it is no less worthy of being called an authoring program. The responsibility lies with the person using Encore to present it with valid elementary audio and video streams to author the BD/DVD with. A full fledged 5.1ch audio track (say, composed of 6 *.WAV files) that were either uniquely and genuinely created in Premiere with 5.1ch audio sequences, or decoded from some movie soundtrack will necessarily have to be encoded with Dolby Digital 5.1ch to get your coveted 5.1 AC3 file. This can be done in Premiere if you want to pay with two front teeth for its SurCode DD encoder by minnetonka, after which you give said file to Encore, who is an 'idiot'.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  12. Everything I say is false koberulz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone want to answer my actual question?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Anyone want to answer my actual question?
    I'm desperate too, and shocked to see this is the only bug report on the Interwebs as far as I can tell. What a stunning screw-up by Adobe. We can contend, and I think this is true, that no one anywhere is capable of exporting a 5.1 WAV or AAC file from within Premiere Pro, or even using the external Adobe Media Encoder. I get that crash every time.

EDIT: I'm fuming mad. Adobe is ridiculous. Using the process of elimination, I calculated the percentage of rendering time that the error gets triggered at, then went to that area of the timeline. I found absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, but it did happen to have a nested sequence, also with the matching audio parameter of 5.1 audio (which shouldn't matter). So just to try one last thing, I opened the nested sequence; copied all of its contents; went back to the master timeline and deleted the nested sequence replacing it with its contents -- and voila, no more error/crash/etc.

Ridiculous.
    Last edited by hpmoon; 16th Sep 2012 at 18:15.
    Quote Quote