VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Canon XA10 and was going to use an older SD cam with it in a multicam shoot, but think it will be better to use another HD camera, plus my SD cam uses tape, so it would be harder to match up the files against the tape. I'll use the audio from the XA10 and just need a cheaper but still decent consumer cam for the other angle that also records in AVCHD, with the same framerate available to make everything go smoothly in post.. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    price range? maybe borrow one from a friend if this is a one time thing.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Definitely not a one time thing. I went to the Canon website and used the compare feature and think I know which one I'm going to go with, the VIXIA HF M500 which is under $600 and I believe uses the same image sensor as my XA10.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    should work fine with what you have and the price is pretty good.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Am I missing something, or is the only major difference between the M400 and newer M500 that they actually took away one memory card slot? What, if anything makes the 500 model better than the older 400 model? See compare at Canon:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/camcorders/consumer_camcorders?pageKey...01e0248024aa4e
    Quote Quote