VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I normally use Handbreak to make a m4v file, but sometimes its not working for the dvd movie and its making a 1080p (full screen) source to a letter format.
    So im looking for another software to do this.

I then tryed iMedia converter from iSkysoft looks nice but then i found this info http://www.macworld.com/article/1153685/speaking_spammers.html

Can someone help me with a great software to rip/convert a dvd/bd to mp4/m4v in maybe 1080p or where i can get a better resolution then handbreak and where i can hardcode the subs to the movie !?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD is 480 (640x480 in NTSC parts of the world), not 1080 so anything you do will still not give you 1080p from a DVD. However, in Handbrake, you may specify any resolution you wish (not just what it recommends) so go ahead and set a larger frame size; use the Preview window to see your results. Do remember, however, that a larger frame size will necessitate a higher bitrate in order to "feed" that many pixels. Give it a shot and see what happens.

And, yes, iSkysoft is one of the names used by a company that makes cr@pware for both Macs and PCs under a number of different company names and they simply alter the app name and app window widgets to make it appear these are different apps from different companies.
    Quote Quote