VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to demux the .m2ts files from a decrypted blu-ray so that i can remux it to mkv (no conversions only raw data needed) using mkvmerge. Which is the best option demuxing it with tsmuxer or with eac3to.

Which one of the two is more accurate?
    Are there any better softwares than these two?
    why does eac3to make use of haali matroska muxer and not mkvmerge when the video is demuxed to .mkv
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use ClownBD, it uses both tools, you select title , then streams. You have the option to let BDClown just stop after producing all selected streams and then you just mux whatever you need with MKVMerge.
    more here:http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2010/03/31/mkv-mania-clown_bd-mkvmerge/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    will try and get back to u....thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BUT clownbd demuxes the video track into .h264 and not into mkv? wouldn't it be better to directly demux it to mkv.?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    mkv is a container (just as m2ts, ts, avi, etc. are all containers). you don't demux from one container and wind up with another.

you take the elementary streams that are demuxed (in this case from clownbd) and remux them (with mkvmerge) into mkv. the h264 video stream doesn't contain fps info. so you will have to manually enter (dropdown box in mkvmerge) the correct value.

i am assuming you have a working knowledge of mkvmerge.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well i am using mkvmerge from the past 8 months or so and i have sufficient knowledge to work with it. As far as the optput file is considered when demuxing video from an m2ts container i have noticed in several online guides people have preferred to output it in .mkv format than .h264. This may be because they don't want to mess up with the frame rates.

i have noticed that the demuxed a/v length from an m2ts file is slightly different when muxed to an MKV . Why does this slight difference arise even when the A/v seems to be perfectly synched.
    Quote Quote  
  7. There is three formats you can find on Blu-Ray, H.264, VC1 and Mpeg2. Not just H.264, BD is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you gonna get.

But you can put any of those into MKV, so whatever you are going to get from ClownBD after demuxing your BD. Just as was said you need to manually put frame rate in mkvmerge for H.264 stream (mostly 24000/1001, do not remember putting ever something else). MKV is not a format, it is a bin where you throw formats - video(mpeg2, H.264, VC1, DivX, Xvid,...) , audio (AC3, AAC,...) or subtitles (srt, VobSub, PGS,...). And all of that is multiplexed together so you can play all of it together or it is seeking during playback without problem, without out of sync.

Containers (mkv, m2ts,....) have different structure, so there will not be ever the same size for the same movie.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi Everyone,

I have a m2ts file, just one file which contains 2 video streams. The Streams show the same picture but one is in HD and the other one is an Infrared Cam.

I need to devide the file that i have 2 single video files. No Audio needed.

Is there anyone who could help me with that?

Regards,

Daniel
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Danny1989 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have a m2ts file, just one file which contains 2 video streams. The Streams show the same picture but one is in HD and the other one is an Infrared Cam.

I need to devide the file that i have 2 single video files. No Audio needed.

Is there anyone who could help me with that?

Regards,

Daniel
    Have you tried tsmuxer?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Jap,

only gives me The HD track and audio track...
    Quote Quote  
  11. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Danny1989 View Post
    Jap,

only gives me The HD track and audio track...
    Then give a try to MKVtoolnix.
    Assuming it can read the m2ts correctly, it should be able to create two video-only MKVs from the source file.
    If you prefer /need the M2TS container, then use TSmuxer for remuxing the intermediate MKVs.

But if the suggestion above doesn't work either, try ffmpeg...
    Quote Quote  
  12. I Just got it with ffm! Thank you guys!
    Quote Quote