I have an MKV with a 4.1H264 stream and DTS stream. I have extracted the streams using MKVExtract and now want to put them in an MP4 container to play on my PS3. Yamb says DTS is not supported so I converted it to AC3 using eac3to but then Yamb crashed when writing the MP4 file (after the import process). Is there any alternative process/tools? Thanks in advance.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
For your second attempt add a bitrate parameter to your command.
Something like this:-
ffmpeg -i filename.mkv -c:v copy -c:a ac3 -b:a 384k filename.mp4
Thanks, the audio seems to be ok, but it is still out of sync, I think the MKV had a delay of 51ms.
Here's how I would do it with Hybrid
1. Start Hybrid (current is 2012.04.11.1)
2. Load source by pressing Main->Input File
3. select Main->Video handling->passthrough
4. select Main->Audio handling->Custom
5. activate Audio->Main->Reencode audio stream
6. select Audio->Main->Audio Encoding Options->Encoding->Audio format->ac3
7. select the bit-rate you want for the ac3 Audio->Main->Audio Encoding Options->Encoding->Bitrate (kbit/s)
8. add Audio selection to AudioQueue by pressing Audio->Main->'+'
9. set output: Main->Output File (set a file name)
10. add setting to job queue: Main->Add to Queue
11. start job queue processing: Main->Start Queue
Hybrid should handle delay&stuff.
- Use the indexer with Megui. (Tools -> File Indexer)
- Start the queue.
- Select desired audio format. Queue the Audio only.
- Start the queue.
- Demux the video stream using MKVExtractGUI-2
- Remux with Megui. (tools -> mp4 muxer) by adding the h264 stream + converted audio
This will save having to adjust the audio delay when muxing.
One thing I've found is it insists on using a Temp subfolder as the work folder. I have external drives that are faster than my system drive. Since it's portable I just copied the whole folder structure to the external drive and run it from there. I have a shortcut to the exe on each drive in case the external drive doesn't happen to be in the dock.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions.