VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a DVD with this folder (DVD_RTAV) and the video format is VR_MOVIE.VRO, from what I've searched in this forum it's a DVD-RAM, right? The problem is that I can't watch nothing on this format, not on my computer, neither on my DVD player. I want to rip it to any other format, somebody can help me? I don't know the source from where it was recorded, it is a gift from a tv channel that copy an interview they have done with me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. sorry, but this thread can be closed, i was able to solve with this:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/326725-How-to-decrypt-and-copy-CPRM-VRO-files

if you are looking for japanese dvd, this topic should help...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
    sorry, but this thread can be closed, i was able to solve with this:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/326725-How-to-decrypt-and-copy-CPRM-VRO-files

if you are looking for japanese dvd, this topic should help...
    I'm glad you found a solution, but since I took the time to write an answer I want to post it some of it anyway, in case it might be useful. I was going to suggest you look at the same thread about removing CPRM, but since you found it, there is no need.

If you a want to make a regular DVD for compatibility with hardware DVD and Blu-Ray players, you can make one from the VRO file. Decrypt and copy the VRO file to your hard drive first, then remove the original disc. This keeps the original safe, since some authoring software erases re-writable media automatically if it is in the DVD burner when it is time to burn the files to disc. There are paid DVD authoring programs such as TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 and Cyberlink PowerProducer which can directly import video recorded in VR mode. If you want to use free software, AVStoDVD can import VRO files for authoring. (Select "All files (*.*) to browse for the VRO file with AVStoDVD.) Burn the DVD with ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote