VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to copy blu ray disc to hard drive without losing the quality , menus, and sound. Is there any software I can use ?

Please suggest

Best regards,
    Mathan
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use dvdfab hddecrypter or anydvdhd and copy the entire disc or to an iso. Play with Total Media THeatre.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok.. I just did a little search .. How about pavtube blu ray ripper?

Is there any video tutorial.....
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just go to youtube and search for dvdfab blu-ray ripping, like

And DVDFAB and ANyDVDHD are the best. THey are constantly updated. I have no experience with pavtube rippers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFab Passkey may also work.
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks buddy.. I will let you know after try this out.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Use dvdfab hddecrypter or anydvdhd and copy the entire disc or to an iso. Play with Total Media THeatre.
    So DVDFab is a subscription? You have to renew it every 2 years? Am I reading their website right? I don't think so.

I am looking to rip BRD to my computer to stream over my network.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Are .iso files safe? Do they get corrupt over time?
    Since they are one big file if anything happens then will recovering the data become impossible?
    I am not 100% sure about the iso files getting corrupted?? Can u please tell their safeness it would be a great help. Since i wish to convert the blu-ray folders into iso using imgburn.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by IguanaJoe View Post
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    So DVDFab is a subscription? You have to renew it every 2 years? Am I reading their website right? I don't think so.

I am looking to rip BRD to my computer to stream over my network.

Thanks
    I bought AnyDVD because when I looked into AnyDVD and DVDFab, one of the complaints I read about DVDFab was that they nickel and dimed you to death. AnyDVD was much more up front with its pricing. I paid for lifetime updates. I don't have to renew any subscriptions. On the downside, it does seem that DVDFab gets updated sooner and more regularly than AnyDVD. This is not a problem for me, but depending on your taste in movies it might be for you. And AnyDVD sometimes doesn't respond to email so periodically that leads to unfounded rumors that they are going out business or have already gone out of business. Those rumors aren't true, but just last year we had this issue crop up here in our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks for the reply. Downloaded AnyDVD and will try it out this week. Any quick advice on how to rip a BRD to hard drive to stream over my network. I have been doing this for years with DVD Decrypter and DVD's but BR is a whole new learning experience.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't do this kind of streaming but maybe it would be helpful to describe your setup and what you intend to play the stream with in order to get the best advice. WDTV players, for example, do not understand BluRay format per se (well, at least the older ones didn't - not sure about current ones) but should be able to play M2TS files.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Sorry to hijack a little, but does DVDFab HDDecrypter bypass all the security regardless of whether you rip to files and folders or an iso?

What are the dis/advantages of iso/folders?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think you can rip to iso with the free dvdfab decrypter.
    Quote Quote