VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have noticed that the "real" prices (not the BS list price) for blank DVD+R disks have spiked over the past few months. I had heard that flooding in Thailand had caused a shortage and thus a price spike, but I think the flood has be over for some time now. Is this a temporary price spike or is this the new reality. I am getting closer to buying a new 100 stack, but I can wait if the price spike is temporary.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've not heard of Thailand being mentioned as a DVD media manufacturing location. The cheap sites in Asia that I know of are in India, China and Taiwan, although do note that Taiwan also has an excellent MCC facility so just because it's "Made in Taiwan" that does not necessarily mean it's crap.

Current price of excellent Verbatim DVD+R in a 100 pack (their top notch DataLifePlus discs) is $24.99 plus shipping. That's 25 cents a disc. If that's too rich for you then you may just have bigger financial problems than any of us can help you with.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Two questions Jman98:
    1. Who sells the Verbatim disks at this price?; and
    2. Do you know they ship internationally?

That pricing is dramatically cheaper that I can get good disks for in New Zealand, I'm typically paying 3-4x that - sometimes a bit cheaper in sales - and that's for disks that are crappier. I go through 50-80 disks a month, so it's worth hunting for worthwhile savings.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Chopmeister View Post
    Two questions Jman98:
    1. Who sells the Verbatim disks at this price?; and
    2. Do you know they ship internationally?
    Nobody! You can get Verbatim AZO at that price or even lower depending on sales, but not DataLIfePlus (don't confuse with Life Series junk). I don't know if shipping to New Zealand wouldn't be prohibitive. Just search on Google and you get a whole bunch online stores.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a sample ref retail Verbatim DVDR 5 at Frys store is $17.99 for 50 pack (not on sale). Online 100 pack sales can reach $25 plus shipping charge.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote