VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Phillips DVP5990 and when I plug in my flash drive the files aren't in alphabetical order. Im wondering why they aren't??

Does anybody know how the dvd player sorts them? There doesnt seem to be any kind of pattern that I can see.

When I look at the flash drive contents from my computer have them sorted by name. I have also removed everything except the title:
    S01E01
    S01E02
    S01E03

etc...

But when I plug in my drive they're out of order instead of 1-10.

Anybody have any idea how the player sorts them or any help at all to help shed light on this?

Obviously I want them in order so that I can watch my shows in order.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I figured it out.

They're sorted by when they're added onto the drive. A quick fix would be to just put them on the drive in the order you want them in. There ya go.

Thanks, and you're welcome.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...or, just use a drive/folder/file-sorting utility, like FolderSort (I think I posted a copy in a different post (for the modified 5990 firmware), as IIRC, the homepage is gone, so try searching for the name), and sort the files by alphanumerical order.

Edit: It's this post. Of course, there are a handful of other alternatives, too.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I'll actually be giving this a try tomorrow. I'll let ya know how it goes.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The program actually worked. But it would be nice if I could just set the drive to always just sort by name. But the program is better than nothing. Thanks.
    Quote Quote