VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi

I recently downloaded a video in Ogg format and tried converting it to MPEG4 using Any Video Converter so as to burn to DVD. But when selecting the Ogg file inside AVC it won't highlight to add the file. I'm assuming AVC can't handle Ogg files? i am wrong.

Mac OS X 10.5.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. ffmpegX, handbrake, Hybrid (if you know how to compile stuff), basically everything that uses libav in the background should work,..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The avc docs should say whether it handles ogg video. It should ... they did say "any video" ...

Some of those dl's ... actually a disturbing number ... were made with computers that had flaky non microsoft codec packs installed. That's often the problem. Many encoders expect to see certain standard codecs with a particular format. DVD authoring programs are particluarly bad forn this.

Handbrake is good for this, but my go to program for something like this is avidemux. It'll handle just about anything, though it's definitely not as easy to use as handbrake. I've used it for this a number of times.

Hasn't always worked though, and I haven't tried ffmpegx. Handbrake will encode to mp4 using ffmpeg though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the feedback, will try it on.

Best
    Mm.
    Quote Quote