VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ok ... i don't know if it is the settings, the software, or the hardware or the user or a combination of everything

but i am trying to create tutorials that contain my computer screen and a small video frame with sound

i bought a logitech c920, and sony vegas movie studio.

right now i use (because i can't seem to get the camera to work in vegas studio .. the preview works but when i try and capture i get " No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection") expression encoder to capture the video and after encoding i import the video into sony vegas and record the sound and sync everything up ....

the low video quality i get after recording into expression ... my friends shows up with his iphone, records a video of me playing and it is crystal clear, no motion blur and flawless. you can imagine the hours of setup and learning in this just made me thrilled when he achieved superb results in under a few seconds using his phone >: \

so i guess my question is (because i need to get this done as part of the new area i am launching on my website for my business) all software i have and hardware i have set aside .... what software, what hardware, and what settings should i be using to set this up

i do not need to set up a special lighting room as what is being captured by the camera is a very small part of this video ... however i want a crisp image...

any suggestions or a pointer in the right direction would be great
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, you could have continued with this thread you already started...

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/344963-Just-looking-for-some-advice-on-creating-tutorials

With that said, you do realize you are essentially trying to make a production video with a webcam. The webcam shoots highly compressed streaming format, and thereafter--for reasons only known to you--you re-encode with another encoder (why?) which is designed primarily to further compress footage for mobile devices. If you are using the free version of expression encoder, I don't think HD formats are even supported. (By the way, what are your output settings?) Regardless of the case, you are destroying already compressed video footage before it even gets into Vegas. And you say nothing about your export settings in Vegas.

You're complaining about a crappy image. I'm surprised you get an image at all with your methods.

If you're serious about what you're doing, get a real camcorder; capture the footage without a re-encode; and give Vegas a chance to do something decent with it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. will a camcorder plug into the computer so i can capture the camcorder and the screen shot at the same time (that sync will be extremely important)? ..... ah yes and i thought it important for my comp specs ... not sure if this is video editing capable, but i am running on an asus g73jh w/ the i7 720qm (only inputs available to me are usb 2.0, not even a express card slot on this puppy for expansion)

any suggestions on camcorders and/or price range i'll be looking at.... this is truly my first time doing anything video related, only reason i went web cam was the idea of plugging it into the computer and capturing real time w/ screen and in my inexperienced mind that was what i thought i needed to pull this off

so as of now ... i will return this logitech cam
    Quote Quote  
  4. thought i would end this with ... i think i am just going to scrap having the fretboard shot in the video and just use the screen shot. not exactly what i wanted, but i was hoping this would be a lot cheaper and easier than it seems to be turning out to be and for a small frame included in the video the head ache is too large
    Quote Quote