VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,
    Not been around for a while.
    I've been trying to find a film for months, it's a PAL version of: Your So Cupid.
    All i can find is a NTSC usa version.
    Is it possible for me to rip the NTSC dvd to my computer and change the format to PAL and burn to another dvd disc.
    I have used Image burn in the past to rip original dvd's and burn for back up, but never changed the region.
    I also have convertx2dvd.

Any help much appreciated, before i commit to buy movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not worth it. It's never worth it. 95% of PAL equipment plays/displays NTSC anyway. All you need to do is copy it to get rid of the region code.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for reply hech54.
    So what you are saying is copying, (without converting),will be all i need to do.
    If that's the case then great, i better get on amazon and order it.
    Daughters been after this movie for months. Can only find dvd form USA.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most UK DVD players and recent (10 years?) TV sets support NTSC playback as PAL60.

So it isn't a NTSC to PAL conversion issue. The PAL DVD player can handle the conversion to PAL60.

PS: A separate issue is Region compliance. See Jman98 post below.
    Last edited by edDV; 3rd Apr 2012 at 20:50.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    do yourself a favor and buy a cheap philips dvd player that supports ntsc playback...it's well worth the investment
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cheers all for advice. Well just bought dvd on amazon. 5-12 days delivery. I think i will just pop it in me dvd player and see what happens.
    If it not play, i'm sure i will work it out. Already got cheapo dvd player + 3 others to give it a go on.
    Thanks again all.
    Will report back when dvd arrives

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    rogerde - This is not rocket science. And your DVD probably won't play at all unless without knowing it you already have a region free DVD player. We have guides you can search for but here's basically what you do.
    1) Rip the DVD to your PC using something like the free version of DVDFab.
    2) If the DVD is too big to fit on a single layer DVD blank disc, use something like DVDShrink to shrink it to single layer size.
    3) Burn to the correct size (single or dual layer) DVD using ImgBurn (free). Your burned DVD is now region free. Play. Enjoy.

Note that most media sold in stores is crap. Verbatim (anything but their Life series) and Taiyo Yuden make good blank media, but you may have to buy it online. Amazon UK (I checked) sells both brands.
    Quote Quote