VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been streaming .flv files and am looking for a reliable player to test them out before publishing them online. I've been using VLC players to check and play flash files (.flv) files but have been experiencing playback problems.
    Most of the time the VLC player will occasionally skip when playing back the .flv files and I am used to that. I Just downloaded the 2.0.1 two flower release and when I tried playing a .flv file, playback stalls, then starts to skip and play at what appears to be half speed of normal playback.

I'm using VLC 2.0.1 with the two flower release on a windows XP for business PC.

Is there a release that is better for playing .flv files that does not skip and it does not have to be a VLC player. I don't care if the player only plays .flv files, so long as it works. So far VLC is one of the best players I have found for watching .flv files but after downloading the 2.0.1 with two flower playback has definitely suffered.

What are you using and if you are using VLC what release? Where can I download it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi jbandy1.

I use K-Lite Codec Pack 8.6.0 Full it comes with media player classic which plays all formats correctly.
    Never have problems with playback of video files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VLC 2.0 is buggy and it doesn't seem to support caching adjustment or bookmarks. I reinstalled the older version I had.

SMplayer is my favorite though. It'll play things properly that vlc won't. MPC either.

I wouldn't touch k-lite or cccp or any other crap codec packs. They don't just affect the player. They change the registry so that the whole system is using them instead of the microsoft codecs. SMplayer and vlc don''t need that crud.

K-lite, in fact, is known to cause unstability.

I yanked MPC ... which isn't as good as either vlc or smplayer, in any way.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    VLC 2.0 is buggy and it doesn't seem to support caching adjustment or bookmarks. I reinstalled the older version I had.

SMplayer is my favorite though. It'll play things properly that vlc won't. MPC either.

I wouldn't touch k-lite or cccp or any other crap codec packs. They don't just affect the player. They change the registry so that the whole system is using them instead of the microsoft codecs. SMplayer and vlc don''t need that crud.

K-lite, in fact, is known to cause unstability.

I yanked MPC ... which isn't as good as either vlc or smplayer, in any way.
    Thats quite interesting I never knew that K-lite alteres registry.
    I don't like programs that mess with my registry so thanks for the heads up.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I'll have to give SMplayer a try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. download and install codec ffdshow and codec audio ac3 and codec audio AAC lame encoder codec x264vfw codec realmedia alternative and qt alternative
    play video with all player
    download codec site
    http://www.free-codecs.com/
    Quote Quote