VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello folks,

I have ripped a DVD but seems like its title markers have some issue as if I encode using Title marker points, the video starts in the middle of the title, ends in the next title. This applies to all of the titles. Hence, I would like to convert the whole DVD to single iPad compatible file. I searched around and didn't find any solution for Handbrake.
    There is an old thread that talks about it but its from 2009 so thought of posting a question again. (Thats thread was not of much use).

Any suggestions on how it can be achieved is welcome. If Handbrake can not do this job, what is the best tool otherwise and what settings do I use for iPad?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What exactly do you mean by "convert the whole DVD"? Is this just one movie you want to convert? Or a bunch of TV shows? Or you really mean the whole DVD which includes extras?

I've seen some very badly authored DVDs which have all kinds of wrong things in them and that could cause title marker points to fail. The question would be whether bad authored is done by incompetence or by design to try to stop people from ripping episode by episode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you might try vidcoder, a gui for handbrake it has a couple options for ripping dvds.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    HandBrake is the right tool....just re-rip the DVD and take "Movie Only".....and make sure your ripper is up-to-date.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @jman98,

This DVD that I am talking about is Curious George DVD. There are 4 shows I believe in that DVD. In ideal case, I would like to have each show individually but the title marker says that there are 6 titles of about 17 mins when each show is of ~25 mins. So I though how about converting all these 4 shows to single file. I did not rip any extras.

@aedipuss,
    I tried VidCoder, its pretty much same as Handbrake.

@hech54,
    I was exactly looking for something like you said, 'movie only' but didn't find such option. About having latest Handbrake, it gives error on both of my laptops and putting it on Handbrake forum did not help. They asked me to install nightly build but the problem remained, although little different. So I am using 0.9.5
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by indijay View Post
    @hech54,
    I was exactly looking for something like you said, 'movie only' but didn't find such option. About having latest Handbrake, it gives error on both of my laptops and putting it on Handbrake forum did not help. They asked me to install nightly build but the problem remained, although little different. So I am using 0.9.5
    You won't find that option in HandBrake. I said to re-rip the disc and take "Movie Only".
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    @hech54,
    You won't find that option in HandBrake. I said to re-rip the disc and take "Movie Only".
    Well, I ripped it using IFO mode. You suggest using File mode (of DVD decrypter)? I have never used any other mode so confirming.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I ripped it using IFO mode. You suggest using File mode (of DVD decrypter)? I have never used any other mode so confirming.
    IFO mode usually works correctly, but if the DVD was misauthored through incompetence or deliberately to try to thwart people from ripping individual episodes easily, it will not give you the nice output you want. I ran into this problem once in doing a conversion for a friend of a US TV show DVD and I had to use a video editor to split and join various pieces together that IFO mode ripping gave me. It was pretty ugly.
    Quote Quote