VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have exported a video from the RAM minidisc of a Panasonic video camera. A previous file exported works fine on my PC but this one freezes for different bits of the video while the audio runs on continuously and becomes out of sync. I found an article on correcting this without losing the audio by using VDUB-MP3-FREEZE so I downloaded this and tried to use it. The file has the extension .mpg but when I tried to open it I got error 'MPEG Import Filter;pack synchronization error'. Further googling indicates that I need to know what sort of mpg file it is and what codec it needs.

The video is a recording of my 13yr old granddaughter playing the Haydn Trumpet Concerto witrh an orchestra so it is an unrepeatable event. The sound is good, the performance is good - I hope someone can suggest an approach I can take to restore the file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    first thing i'd do is take the disc out and clean it with a little dish soap and warm water, then dry with a cotton towel. then try to re-send the video. or finalize it in the cam and use the computer to read the disc and copy the files off it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @aedipuss
    Thanks for the reply, I have cleaned the disc as you suggested and I think it has effected some improvement. I have tried several bits of software to move on and now started a new thread in greater detail.
    Quote Quote