VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do you overclock your computer?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I overclock my 2600k to 4.1 ghz on aircooling.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm of the philosophy "if it was meant to go at that speed, then it would already".

Never felt the need really.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a mix - Don't need to and don't know how.

I did upgrade my vista pc from a single core to a dual core not long after I bought it (several years ago). Thanks mostly to the gang here of course

Some day I'll be getting a new computer but don't know when. Since I do most of my gaming on consoles that isn't a reason for me to get a new one. And I'm not really doing heavy video editing or encoding right now so that isn't much of a need for speed there either.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    don't know how and even if I did...I wouldn't do it. It's fast enough as it is.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Nope
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. My I5 760 (2.8) to 3.85Ghz

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  8. My Q6600 and Q8200 is set at 3Ghz / 2.8Ghz from day one. Noticeable speed up in video compression with x264.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I don't overclock. I undervolt the cpu about 10%, which drops the power consumption and CPU temperature without affecting performance.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't overclock either. I don't have a good reason to do so and already have heat issues in the summer because I don't have air conditioning.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mh2360 View Post
    I'm of the philosophy "if it was meant to go at that speed, then it would already".
    I'll bet your a load of fun at the drag strips
    LOL!!
    It's just fun to make things do what they were not meant to do, like using a Action Replay disc or the old GameShark's

Yep!

I didn't buy a Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz & CORSAIR H80 (CWCH80) High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler to run it stock!!

4.0ghz

And I did it because I could
    But I have not pushed it any further yet.

I was thinking maybe this summer I will pick up a CORSAIR H100 & an AMD 8 core and see what i can make that baby do
    Name:  Corsair_H100.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  10.0 KB

And I also have all my PC's in my basement and it stays pretty cool down here even when it is 90 outside.
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 2nd Apr 2012 at 20:18.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Moderate overclock here. It's only significant when encoding as the computer is overkill for anything else, naturally. Going from 8 hour encodes to less than an hour made building this beast worth it. Using the stock cooler which is pretty noisy under load. I could overclock it a bit more, or a lot more with an aftermarket cooler, but I've decided there's no need to. Plenty fast now.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote