VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I had a mp4 video file recorded by my mobile phone, when I moved it to my PC it was corrupted and I attempted to play it various time but it didn't, when I tried to play it with VLC player I get this error:

No suitable decoder module:
    VLC does not support the audio or video format "undf". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

Here is the text from mediainfo:

General
    CompleteName : G:\\‏‏201104789654.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format_Profile : Base Media / Version 2
    CodecID : mp42
    FileSize/String : 6.51 MiB
    If someone can help I'll appreciate it, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Video repair tool. Try the free trial first.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Video repair tool. Try the free trial first.
    it worked but I can't afford $40, isn't there a free tool?
    thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try "remux" it with mymp4boxgui or yamb. Add the mp4 and then make a new one.

If it fails I'm not sure what you can use.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Unfortunately, they didn't work.
    Thank you for your effort though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. are you sure it is corrupted? Assuming it does not contain any sensitive data you could upload it somewhere (or attach it here) so people can have a look at it,... other than that:
    compare a working with a corrupted file with a hex editor and see if you can figure out what went wrong,..
    (http://mp4cam2avi.sourceforge.net/ might also be worth a try)
    Quote Quote  
  7. "undf" sounds like VLC-speak for "I don't know what this is". Try MPC-HC to see if it can play the video.

If you don't particularly need MP4, try using MKVMergeGUI to resave the file as an MKV. It should report any problems it finds in the process.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Have you tried uploading the video to YouTube and then downloading it from your video manager, I tried loads of other solutions and that's the only one that worked when I got a corrupt MP4 from a client. You lose a bit of quality but if you're stuck it may save you.
    Quote Quote